Joining NRA again

Huskerguy

It has been many years since I was a member of NRA but I intend to join once again. Can someone give me an overview of the magazines. I am more into just the guns themselves, not so much the hunting part - something to do with age I suppose. Thanks

SPUSCG

American Rifleman is the gun mag, at first I was mad since it was 90% political (joined in election season) and the NRA already had apolitical mag. Now its mostly guns though, usually marketing new products and stuff which im skeptical of (they praise the judge, like always) but then theres a lot of interesting things on old and obscure firearms i love reading.

P5 Guy

NRA's Magazines

American Rifleman; some articles about guns and accessories. Some about shooting events and political news.
American Hunter; some articles about hunting and accessories. Political news about hunting issues.
America's 1st Freedom; Mostly political issues safety and self defense.
I rarely read the magazine anymore, but still keep my membership.

Kreyzhorse

I'm a member of the NRA but don't always agree with their methods. With that said, I'd rank the mags in this order:

1. American Hunter
2. America's First Freedom
3. American Rifleman

If you are a hunter, American Hunter is your best choice. If you like the legal side of firearms, America's First Freedom is pretty good. It is heavy on the propaganda but I enjoy it. American Rifleman usually has a good article or blurb, but in my opinion it's the weakest of the three.

It should be noted that each mag carries some of the same articles each issue so there is a lot of bleed over between each mag.