John Moses Browning was THE MAN

KySilverado

So I'm a fan of the guy. Love my 85 Winchester's 1911's, A5.

Watching a show today on the Military Channel on the new San Antonio class Amphibious Transport Dock ship. All the new high tech defenses then they swing around to a couple Browning 50 Cals. on deck. Still getting the job done after all these years. :D

A run down of the defenses:

Armament:
The San Antonio class transports are quipped with two Mk 31 mod 1 RAM (RIM 116 rolling airframe missile) short-range anti-air missile launchers, two Mk 26 mod 17 30mm bushmaster chain cannons, and two Mk 26 mod 17 .50 caliber machine guns.

Dave R

You're right. Consider the number of successful (iconic?) handguns he designed. Rifles he designed. Machine guns he designed. Shotguns he designed. CARTRIDGES he designed. No one close.

drail

Besides being a creative and brilliant engineer he was also a very astute businessman. When the American gun manufacturers didn't want to buy his ideas on his terms he went to the Belgians who recognized genius when they saw it. Don't never make fun of them Mormons.

FrankenMauser

While I don't agree with the elected officials wasting time on something trivial, I do appreciate them giving some time to honoring a legend from Utah. The Utah State Senate is trying to create a JMB holiday.

Utah Senate Bill 247

amprecon

I think we all should petition to have JMB's face on our money in the future. He's done more to effect the security of this country than any politician.