JM 930 mossburg

4thPoint

Not the JM model but I do have a 930 SPX Mossberg. Main difference seems to be the 24 v 18 inch barrel and lack of ghost ring sights.

It's been reliable with everything except low powered Fiocchi rounds so far.

I do believe the length of pull is just a bit excessive, but Mesa Equipment has now (as far as I know, 'now') come out with the Urbino stock for the 930 which subtracts about 1.5-2.0 inches from the LOP.
Urbino930.jpg

kraigwy

I just got a Mossberg JM Pro. I heard varying reviews but figured I'd give it a try.

I've heard that you had to use the hotter target loads or heavier rounds to get it to function. I had been loading 1 oz loads about 1150 fps light loads in my pumps for shooting 3 gun and steel.

I tried this load in the JM Pro and it worked fine, tried some 1 oz slugs and 1 oz buck (both reduced loads) they worked. Also tried heavier rounds, they too worked.

So I took it out last Sunday for a steel match, both my son and I shared the gun, between the two of us we went through about 200 rounds without a hiccup.

Granted, that's not a lot of experience with the gun, but so far I'm impressed.

The gun fits me, easy to get on target, and being a pump gun shooter, I didn't even think about the recoil during the match so I'm thinking its mild compared to my pumps.

Pointed nice, fast on target.

I just need to practice reloading, its not so much the gun in 3-gun and steel matches, its how fast you can reload it. If the gun functions (and I've found my new Mossberg does) its one's ability to reload it that makes or brakes a match.