Jerry Miculek grips

FM12

Anyone here use Jerry Miculek grips? I've seen them advertised in Dillon's "Blue Press". I'm considering some for my 4" L frame.

Input, good or bad, please.:D

Thanks, FM12

MrBorland

I have a set on my 4" L-frame. My fingers don't line up with the grooves in grooved grips, and I prefer the look of wood, and the JM grips feel pretty good. I like them for shooting .38spls, but recoil is pretty harsh when used with full power .357magnums. I've heard that complaint from others as well, and even JM himself admits he has trouble with them when the power factor goes too high (I recall his limit is a PF of 200).

They're pretty long, too, which helps the weak hand grip, but, because of this, I don't think they're very suited for concealed carry. Of course, a 4" L-frame wouldn't be the easiest thing to conceal, either :rolleyes:

Of course, they're going to feel different for everyone, so the only way to see if yo like them is to try them. Personally, I ordered some Ahrends to see if they handle recoil better.

FM12

In regarding recoil, I figure JM shoots more 38 spls, and mid range loads than magnums. The grips probably serve him well for that.

I'de like to try a pair, but at around $70, a little too high for me.

TNFrank

I lucked out and got these from Midway U.S.A. for $56 bucks.
sany0047xi0.jpg

SDC

A pair came with my 625, but I found that they were just too smooth for me to grip comfortably; the revolver would "walk" and "shimmy" on me, especially in fast DA firing, so I went back to a pair of rubber Pachmayrs. But, I have large hands, and I prefer to keep the revolver in my strong hand during reloads, so that may not fit for you. I know Jerry switches hands to reload, so he prefers grips that can slip in and out of his hands fast.

Lloyd Smale

i had quite a few sets on my comp guns but tried a set of houge non finger groves and like them better. the palm swell helps lock the gun in your hand better.