Jennings 9MM

lomaxanderson

...so I was working at this older mans home and the conversation turned to guns....well blah blah blah...when I was leaving he comes out to my truck and offers me this jennings for free...well I gave him 50 bucks for it ....now how bad is this gun? Really have heard some bad stuff but any first hand knowledge would be helpful....

Superhouse 15

Jennings

It's a blowback 9mm with a cheap Zinc alloy frame and only enough steel in it to keep it from exploding. If you shoot it a lot it will fail. You paid about $45 too much for it.

Johnc

It's a blowback 9mm with a cheap Zinc alloy frame and only enough steel in it to keep it from exploding. If you shoot it a lot it will fail. You paid about $45 too much for it.

OUCH!:eek:

Not untrue, but hurtful.

Look at it this way, some states are offering gun buy back programs. I think NY City just had one and was giving $200.00 for handguns. This way you made $150.00.

Seriously, the Jennings and Ravens are thought to be the Kings and Queens of the "Saturday Night Specials" and disposable guns. I would not recommend shooting it. If you really want to , have it checked out by a competent smith. Do not rely on it for a SD weapon.

lomaxanderson

...well I sold it for $100 so I didn't do too bad in the deal ...I knew I could get 100$ out of it thats why I got it ...it was unfired with 2 mags...;)

lomaxanderson

...went to tell him not to shoot it and he already sold it to his dad for 150...guess where he is ....I'll let you know if it blew up or not