Jeff Cooper's Latest Comments

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
While I may quibble with him on some technical issues (but we all have a right to pick our favorite point in history and yell "stop!", to plagiarize W.F. Buckley), the good Colonel and I appear to be steering by many of the same stars, philosophically. Best, even on the points I don't agree with him on, he is witty and entertaining. A true gentlemen, in the most archaic and complimentary sense of the term. Hopefully I'll have some money saved up when the 90th anniversary Gunsite pistols come on line...

------------------
"..but never ever Fear. Fear is for the enemy. Fear and Bullets."
10mm: It's not the size of the Dawg in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!

Cliff

I enjoy all of Colonel Cooper's writings. To me, he is imbued with a most uncommon "common sense."

This is NOT to be confused with the weepy, wide eyed, hand wringing version of "common sense" as of late espoused by the misguided.

May we all have the same ability "To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth."

Cliff

Jack 99

I like Cooper a lot. Mostly because he's either done it himself, or taken the experiences of others he trusts or he's at least attempted to simulate the real world experience in competition. There's a whole lot of "theory" people in the firearms community like to throw around. It don't mean squat until its been tried and proven. He's also got a dry sense of humor, which I like and some very good observations.