Jeans to Pocket Carry LC9?

Sport45

I currently pocket carry a LC9 in a Uncle Mike's holster. This works well with my slacks, but not with my Wrangler jeans. The butt of the pistol is almost exposed at the top of the pocket.

You guys could save me a trip into Cavenders if you could let me know if Levi or another jeans company uses deeper pockets than my Wramgler 13MWZ.

I've looked at the pants at Duluth Trading and they seem to be ideal, but I like to try pants on before I commit to buying. But if that winds up being the best choice I'll certainly put in an order.

Any insight is appreciated.

rayban

When I wore 13MWZs I barely had room for the really important things in life, if you know what I mean....much less a pocket gun and holster.
I've now "grown into" Wrangler relaxed fit and the S&W 442 I carry fits in there good....I've tried an LC9 but it was too big for my pockets.

ClydeFrog

Bullet 5-0 Jeans, Blackie Collins, 5.11...

When I used to get the LE trade magazine; Law & Order, they had a item about a small CA area firm that marketed a line of black & dark blue jeans for street cops to wear/use on duty. The company was run by a group of ex-LE officers. I think it was Bullet 5-0 or something like that.
I also saw a pair of blue jeans designed by Blackie Collins that could conceal/carry gear, firearms, knives, etc. Check www.deltaforce.com or maybe www.cheaperthandirt.com . Blackhawk & 5.11 have good "tactical" pants & slacks too.
I like many of Duluth Trading's line also.
CF

X_shooter

I have had both Levi's and Old Navy brand with pockets deep enough to conceal a Kel-tec PF9 in a Desantis pocket holster. Trying out the pockets is usually the first thing I do next to checking out my backside.:D

redneck

I normally wear wrangler 13mwz's and they barely fit an LCP in the back pocket.
I also have a few pairs of scheafer outfitters "ranch hand dungarees" which fit pretty similar to the wranglers but have much deeper back pockets. Sticking a ruler in each, the wranglers are about 5-1/2" deep and the sheafers are a shade over 6-1/4" deep. The front pockets measure 1/2-3/4" deeper than the wranglers also.They're very heavily made jeans, and made in america too.
I only have 2 complaints with the shaefers. The first is the longest they make them is a 38 inch inseam and I really need a 40, obviously that won't be a problem for many people at all:rolleyes: The 2nd is the belt loops are kind of tight. I wear a handmade belt that is 1-1/2" wide and 1/4" thick and its a chore to get it through the loops.

Justice06RR

I don't wear those jeans you mentioned, but any jean I buy/wear I make sure has enough slack and room for pocket carry. That is first and foremost. Otherwise then you'd have to opt for IWB/OWB.

Don H

I've found that off-brand jeans are more likely to have larger and deeper front pockets. I've found jeans with pockets large enough to conceal a 3" 1911 in a pocket holster at...Walmart.

shootniron

It can be difficult to find jeans suitable for pocket carry in my area. I finally gave up and went with cargo shorts in warm weather and Tru-Spec 24/7 pants for cooler weather. However, if you shop around, there are some jeans with larger acceptable pockets.

wayneinFL

I bought a pair of Rustlers last week. I forgot how deep the pockets are. I think I paid $12. I also have a pair of Beretta jeans and a pair of Old Navy jeans that work well, too.

Trying out the pockets is usually the first thing I do next to checking out my backside.

My wife doesn't shop with me anymore. She's tired of suggesting clothes and hearing "that shirt's too thin- it will print", or the "pockets in those slacks aren't deep enough for a real gun." :D

north15

Take a look at Toters jeans. Have a few pair and they work well and are extremely comfortable.

http://www.totersjeans.com/

Rockhanger

Try a pair of Guidgear from the Sportsmans Guide. I used to always buy Levis or Carhartt before I started wearing these. I usually get the carpenter jeans very deep pockets.:D

Pocket9

LC9 pocket carry- holster is key

I pocket carry LC9 with CT laser in front or back pocket of all any of my jeans no problem including Levis. The key was the DeSantis holster. It has a panel that shows just a bit on shorter back pockets but it just looks like a wallet.

usmcxd

IMHO, I have not found a pair of jeans with a pocket deep enough to pocket carry a LC9 or PF9. :/ I am currently trying to land a good paddle holster option which will accommodate the Crimson Trace as well. The hunt is on!!!