jd's Jennings

jdscholer

Since I know that there are so many Jennings lovers out there,:rolleyes: I thought I'd give a progress report on how my new J-22 is doing. I'm about healed up from the last round of criticism ya'all dished me.
So, I headed up to my gravel pit range with a target board and the 14" gong and my two 22 autos. (Colt Woodsman and the J-22) Shot a clip through the Jennings at 25 yds. on a target. Nothing special, but five of six on paper, about 6" group, left side of target.
I began shooting the gong, and after becoming acustomed to the trigger which is only bad, not horrible, I was ringing it with almost 100% success. Shot several clips without a miss, and did fairly good with what for me is a rapid rate of fire. I'm not quite ready for the Steel Challenge, but the point is, the little bugger shoots pretty well; and it's fun.
I stepped back to 50 yds., and my hits dropped to about 50%, but hey...
After burning about 100 shells, I had only one feed malfunction in the middle of a magazine. Coulda happened to any 22 auto.
I shot a few mags through the Woodsman, but with it ya have to go back to 100 yards to keep from getting bored. It actually has a nice trigger and shoots too sweet.
I don't expect to start a big Jennings fad or anything, but I've gotta say that so far, I'm not having the bad luck that seems so common with the breed. I will be watching for a gun of a similar size and configuration to buy; only of better quality. I'm open for suggestions. jd

Skans

I've got a Jennings J-22. Had it for about 15 years now. It works just fine - nothing has ever broken on it, and I've placed quite a few rounds through it. It will jam once in a while - but not really any more than my Ruger Mark II.

Greg.B

I have a Jimenez Arms JA-22 which is the same gun; in fact, if you remove the grips, the main frame is stamped Jennings J-22. It's a fun little plinker, and is very dependable with CCI minimags and almost as equally dependable with the Remington bulk packs.

It's had a pretty good fluff and buff to smooth out the action, which helped considerably. All in all, I like it; criticize us if you must, but in my opinion they're worth the money!