Jamison International closing shop 10/19/2012

Don H

Jamison, a manufacturer of cartridge cases, bullets and ammunition has announced the closing of their facility:
(10/17/2011)
I am sure that many of you have heard the the rumors about Jamison International shutting down its plant. Unfortunately this is true. We would like to thank everyone for your business with us and we want to apologize that we will no longer be able to make our great products for you. You will still be able to purchase products through the website until this Wednesday evening. On October 19th, 2011 at 4:00pm Mountain Standard Time orders will no longer be able to be placed. All orders placed before that time will still be shipped out to you by the next day. Again we would like to thank all of you for the support and hopefully we will return under another company name.
http://www.jamisoninternational.com/category-s/422.htm

res45

From the looks of things something must have happens over a two week period to cause such a change in direction. With this economy you just never know from one day to the next.

Sevens

I will have to admit that I had not heard of this operation.

My knee jerk reaction is that if there's one thing that REALLY needs some competition in our little corner of the market, it's got to be an outfit that produces brass.

Starline, Top Brass, and whatever the big boys happen to put out for sale (Win, Rem, Fed, Magtech)

Seems to me that while there's three dozen outfits making handloading tools and a hundred+ different operations offering component slugs (and the manufacture of powder & primers is so incredibly involved and hazardous that it's not feasible for most start-up small businesses), I think this market would support a company that produces brass, and I would think it would be a booming business.

How much of the stuff that folks clamor for from Starline is sold out, back-order or just plain "not on the rotation this year, sorry" when people want them?

I would think it's something other than the market that is causing the demise of this operation.

I wish them well, it's not good news.

oldmanFCSA

Does anyone have a name and phone number for this company?

We have a FCSA 50BMG Match in Alliance, NE twice a year and would like a "local" company to contact us for shooting supplies.