Jail Cam

Jack 99

http://www.mcso.org

I guess its not up yet but soon will be.

This is a look into Sheriff Arapaio's (sp?) jail. I'm not sure about this idea. On the one hand, public scrutiny is a good thing. On the other, some of these people have yet to be convicted. Fine point maybe considering that the arrest has been made and that in itself is a "public event" for all intensive purposes (as far as that goes, calling the cops makes you a public figure, that's how COPS and all those other shows get all that footage inside people's homes).

Anyway, you may want to check it out just to see what our TFL LEOs go through on a daily basis. For those of you who've never experienced a ride-along, you may be surprised to learn that most police work is not about busting international drug traffickers. Mostly our LEOs pick up the peices of dopers and drunks lives after they've completely f'ed up. They break up fights between spouses, bust teenage kids sniffing paint and return them to ungrateful parents, arrest "Johns" and return them to ungrateful wives, pick up schizophrenics wandering the streets screaming like loons and the perrenial favorite of all cops, the drunken old lady in a Cadillac with an attitude. Its really a lot like janitorial work, only more dangerous.

Anyway, it should be good for a few laughs.

denfoote

I think that Sheriff Joe should spend that money on oh maybe M-16's for the patrol cars, so that his deputies would be better armed against all those Mexican thugs who want to collect their $10,000 bounty. Spend the money on helping to hire more officers so that they can ride two to a car, instead of one. Maybe he could spend the money on armor piercing ammo for his deputies, so when they meet up with one of the above mentioned Mexican thugs, their shots do some good.(That Phoenix PD officer was damn lucky!!!!!) Just a few thoughts on the matter.

------------------

Yeah, I got a permit to carry,it's called the friggin Constitution.---Ted Nugent

"Glock 26: 17 rounds of concealed carry DEATH comming your way from out of nowhere!!! THAT'S FIREPOWER, BABY!!!"

GnL

Jail Cam seems to be working now...

JailClinton.jpg

[Image shamefully "borrowed" from http://www.shops.galaxymall.com/pages/jailtothechief/ ]

[This message has been edited by GnL (edited July 19, 2000).]