Jack Ross Ammunition Review

http://www.minutemanreview.com/2012/04/jack-ross-ammo-review-pt-ii.html

Shot another 500 rounds of it. Good stuff, great price.

IMG_0129.jpg

Last edited:

tdawg

I see both of you like the reloads on offer, how about the new stuff they sell? I understand its all hand loads, but I'm wary of running reloads through my new Beretta. Don't want anything to go wrong. Given this attitude, should I stick to name brands?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KyJim

Thanks for the review. Always nice to have another source for ammo, especially if it is good ammo at reasonable prices.

KyJim

15$ for a box of 50 new is pretty impressive. What Brass do they use?
If you're talking about Freedom Munitions, they produce remanufactured ammo so we can assume mixed headstamps.

18$ for a box of new .45 230gr Ball ammo? That's great. What's manufacture is the brass?
I assume you are talking about Jack Ross Ammunition. They appear to produce new ammo. Since I haven't shot any, I don't have a clue as to who makes their brass.

paperpounder

If you're talking about Freedom Munitions, they produce remanufactured ammo so we can assume mixed headstamps.

I assume you are talking about Jack Ross Ammunition. They appear to produce new ammo. Since I haven't shot any, I don't have a clue as to who makes their brass.

They also produce new.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

5RWill

If jack ross is new 18$ is still the lowest price i've seen yet especially for new, 230gr ball ammo with large primers. I guess federal champion could be thrown int here but they use small primers and i dislike that.

KyJim

They also produce new.
My apologies to them. That is not very clear from their website and, when you click on specific calibers/loads, nothing to indicate if that specific choice is new or remanufactured. I sent them an email suggesting this be made more clear.

mrvco

I've been buying from Freedom Munitions and if the heads on their reman stuff weren't mixed, you'd think it was new. Once you click on the caliber, the "new" stuff says "new" next to it.

I may have to try some of the JR stuff though since their shipping from NV is better than the shipping from OK.

Patriot86

Both prices are pretty damn good for 45. The cheapest you can find it would here is about $20.00 for a box of 50 rounds. The Bulk stuff is more expensive sometimes than just buying the 50 round boxes(Cableas trying to pull a fast one! I am not paying $50.00 for a storage box!).

paperpounder

I admit that I haven't shot a lot of the Freedom ammo as of yet. I had just received a large, multi-caliber order last week, but what I have shot has been very nice.

What attracted me to them was their price on new. 380 ammo, which was priced well below anywhere else that I could find for new.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KyJim

I'll say this about Freedom. They are responsive and prompt! They emailed me back today about my suggestion of indicating which ammo is new or remanufactured. I notice on their website now that they indicate if it is new ammo (assuming it's remanufactured if not marked new). I'm going to have to try some.