J. Stevens Arms & Tool Co. Shotgun

SUperMidget

I recently came into possession of a J Stevens Arms & Tool Co. reciever and forend for a single shot shotgun. I have all the hardware except the barrel, and I was wondering what the likelyhood of finding a replacement barrel would be.

Or is it even worth the time and effort and money to restore it; I have absolutely no sentimental value in this, but I couldn't stand by while an old firearm was thrown out without at least trying.

I have already tried Numrich's, and was wondering if there was some other source for parts for older guns. Any help would be appreciated.

tuboe

J Stevens Nitro Special

I have J. Steven Arms, 12 gage, Nitro Special with I believe is the serial number of AT 226. I would like to know the year of manufacture. It belonged to my grandfather.

PetahW

tuboe - You might get an answer to your question with wider exposure in a separate thread, rather than burying your question in SUperMidget's.

SUperMidget - If you cannot find a barrel for $25 or so, you would be miles ahead, parting out what you have to , say, a gunshow parts dealer.
I once did that with a H&R action, buttstock & forend, realizing $70 in my pocket.