IWB Kydex or Leather

jgcoastie

I'm trying to decide on a lefty IWB holster for my G22, and a righty IWB holster for my S&W 642CT.

I currently use Blackhawk CQC SERPA holsters for my G20SF and G22, but as summer is approaching, I'm looking for something more easily concealed.

I like the look of Blackhawk's IWB leather holster, but I've been using the kydex OWB and I really like it, will kydex be comfortable enough for IWB carry?

Any suggestions either way? There is not a great selection locally for concealment holsters (95% of what's available is Uncle Mike's and Wal-Fart junk), so I'd have to order it online. I'm not looking to order 10 different ones and pick the one I like... Especially with shipping prices as high as they are.

I'm grudgingly willing to go as high as $100 per holster, but I'd like to keep it under $65ish.

Thanks!

AK103K

I find kydex to be more comfortable than leather, especially in the summer, when things get wet and tend to stay that way. Wet leather is hard on you, and hard on the gun.

Blade Tech makes great holsters and they are right around your $65ish price range.

Erik

I prefer leather IWB holsters. There are several popular options, of which I can recommend (in no particular order):

Kramer #2 and #3
Sparks Summer Special, Summer Special II, and Versa Max

There are other fine options, as you'll likely see as other posters come along.