Votes: 4 9.3%
  • DeSantis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please list)

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wvshooter

I bought a Comp-Tac a couple years ago for my CZ75 and wore it for a while but found I just didn't like Kydez.

I've got several Don Hume IWB leather holsters including one for the 75B. I like leather much better.

AK103K

I've used Blade Tech IWB's since they first showed up. Wearing one right now. Great holsters at reasonable prices. If you sweat, there is nothing better.

This is the first one I bought (on the right), and was 10+ years old when it was retired. They werent an "easy" 10 years either, and it was worn daily from the time I got up, til I went to bed. I still have it, and its still as functional and usable as the day I bought it. The one on the left is a new, unused holster I bought as a back up.

ry%3D400

To put things in perspective, I used to go through two good leather holsters a year on average (I sweat like a pig, work outside, and it gets hot and steamy here in the summers). The last couple were horsehide, Galco Royal Guards at around $75 ea. That Blade Tech cost me around $50 when new. Hows that for cost effective? :)

azredhawk44

My favorite holster so far is a CompTac MTAC.

It's a leather back with a kydex half-sleeve over the face of it, fitted to the gun model you specify. It can be converted to several different guns. I can carry either my XD9, my CZ-75 or my 1911 with it as long as I put the correct half-sleeve over it.

Very comfortable and much better than the other kydex designs out there that are just a holster with a couple loops or clips close together as an afterthought. Spreading the loops/clips out six or eight inches really helps with comfort.

AK103K

I always thought the CompTac's were built "backwards". The leather should be on the outside, so the kydex can block the sweat from soaking through and causing problems. Wet leather is miserable, and even more so against bare skin and youre active. It just rubs you raw and to add insult to injury, the chemicals in many leather holsters, just aggravate the problem even more.

Kydex on the other hand, is 100% water/sweat proof, slips smoothly across wet skin like it was lubricated, and there are no chemicals to aggravate you even more.

I tried a CrossBreed and loved it til the summer (I'm in Texas, I'm a big guy, I sweat).

I tried a CompTac and like it. I have to position mine right, but once you find the sweet spot you don't really know it's there, it's got a nice, thin profile, and the PDT snaps work well. I haven't tried any others, don't really need to.

I'll be getting one for my XD45 and M&P9C soon.

pogo2

Comp-Tac fan

I have only used Comp-Tac for IWB kydex holsters, but I like them very much. Their product is high quality and their service is top notch. I think kydex is thinner than leather and not as bulky IWB.

KahrMK953.jpg

Andrewh

crossbreed super tuck.
hybrid, but better than any other holster I have tried.
Got a whole box full of others I tried.

Eagle0711

The only kydex that I have is a Fobus for a 4' K frame. After watching the trainning DVDs by Rob Pincus I am considering a kydex for IWB at 4:00 o'clock. Is it comfortable enough to carry all day? Maybe someone would comment. Thanks in advance. Lyle

AK103K

A long time ago, I carried a couple of 4" revolvers (K frames) IWB and did not like doing so. Then again, holsters have come a long way since.

I've been meaning to try one of these out. Looks like it would do the trick, as the cylinder is above the belt.

min4a.jpg

http://www.hoffners.com/min4a.jpg

qcpunk

Does the Crossbreed count as kydex? It's both leather and kydex...... Anyways, I voted other for the Crossbreed, I love it. I've carried an LCR, PPK, and P99 in the Supertuck and found that it suited my needs :)

Cheers!