IWB holster for 3" SP101?

SteelJM1

So I've been looking through the various holster threads and SP101 threads until my eyes crossed, but I can't for the life of me find any IWB holsters that aren't for compact semi-autos. Does anyone know of a decent IWB holster for the 3" SP101? Granted it's not the easiest gun to conceal, but it's not the hardest.

Thanks.

Wheel-Gunner

I am very picky about my holsters and I only carry IWB. After my most recent purchase, I will not be purchasing a holster anywhere else. The company is called Fist Holsters. I know the website isn't the greatest, but don't let that deter you. There are some threads here on the forums about these holsters.

http://www.fist-inc.com/galeryholst.htm

They are totally top notch. They will make one custom to your 3" SP101. Because your SP101 has a spur on the hammer, I would definitely go with a holster that has a piece of protective leather that follows up the inner side of the gun (between the gun and your stomach). This will prevent the spur from digging into your gut. Even though I am a small/light guy, it is a must for me.

I have the #1 IWB, but my SP101 has a spur-less hammer. If I were you I would go with something like #21 or #44 (without the mag attachment of course ;)). You could probably choose any holster and just ask for the additional leather to protect your abdomen from the spur. Remember the holster colors (they give you eight choices) turn out really dark.

Let me know what you get and if you have any questions.

Gideon46

I've tried many but one I'm really fond of is the AJ Concealco. It's very reasonably priced, it's comfortable, it conceals really well and the cant is adjustable. The front strap is attached in a way that is unusual and I wasn't sure if I'd like it but I do and now have two of these holsters, one for my 3" SP101 and another from my two S&W J frames.

God Bless
Gideon

http://www.concealco.com/iwb_revolver.html

BusGunner007

Wheel-Gunner ---

Good choice.
My plan is to send for the #42 Drive to Cross, as I prefer and need to use this style of holster. My application is for a Beretta Mini-Cougar 8040F.
Glad to see someone else has discovered this company's products. :D
Many options to choose from; plenty of styles to be had.

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/42.htm
42.jpg

BikerRN

IWB holster for 3" SP101?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've been looking through the various holster threads and SP101 threads until my eyes crossed, but I can't for the life of me find any IWB holsters that aren't for compact semi-autos. Does anyone know of a decent IWB holster for the 3" SP101? Granted it's not the easiest gun to conceal, but it's not the hardest.

Thanks.

I have a 3" GP100 that I carry IWB.

I use a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. What I like about the Summer Special II is the low ride, metal reinforced mouthband, and ability to change the belt loops to accomodate different belt widths.

My only other suggestion is to make sure you use a good quality Gun Belt, as the belt and holster are designed to work together to conceal the firearm. BTW: my 2 1/4" SP101 is one of two BUGS and is carried on the opposite hip of the GP100. They really aren't that hard to hide with good quality gear.

Biker

dairycreek

Here's an IWB holster made by Simply Rugged and the revo that is in it is a 3" Mod 60 S & W.

SILVERDOLLARRETOUCHED.jpg

It is called the Silver Dollar and can be made for the Ruger as well. Great holster.

MLeake

Simply Rugged IWB?

The picture supplied looks OWB to me, rigged for regular or crossdraw. I don't see any way on that to secure it to a belt if inside the waistband; also, the cartridge loops would be pointless inside one's pants.

BlkHawk73

I tried a bunch of different holsters for my SP101 but wasn't happy with them, especially the Bianchi fodder. Tried a Mitch Rosen Workman and have been hook on his stuff since. First class fit, and finish. It's the tuckable everyone copied from. Simply awesome. The gun pretty much disappears.

MLeake

Simply Rugged and inside out straps

I checked the page you linked to, and you are correct, inside out straps can convert the Simply Rugged to IWB.

Not to be a jerk, but the same page said that the holster with cartridge loops on it is not compatible with those straps, and is therefore an OWB model. That jibes with my impression of the earlier photo.

Breadslinger

The photo submitted from Dairycreek is of the "Loaded Pancake" model and is not recommended for IWB. I currently carry a SP101 3" IWB in a "Silverdollar Pancake" holster from Simply Rugged with the insideout straps. It is surprisingly comfortable and hides easily. If you go back to the link, browse the entire site. ;)