IWB holster choices

riggins_83

I use a Comptac Infidel and have for about a year now. Using the infidel clip I can have the holster centered on my right hip belt loop ( the perfect position for me) without the holster moving around. The magazine release is covered by the holster so there's very little chance of release having pressure while holstered. In addition since it's a kydex holster there's a nice tension and fit to the gun via the trigger guard; it's either holstered or it's not, no in between.

About two months ago one of the screws holding the clip came loose and fell out. While replacing the screw I noticed a small crack in the clip itself (and replaced the clip for good measure). Once every couple months I check tension on the screws; with a good inspection and tension check I don't worry. The clip allows the holster to be removed and put back on without taking off the belt or having to struggle with loops.

Last edited:

BarryLee

I have two Milt Sparks holsters one is a Versa Max 2 for SIG P229 the other a Sumer Special for GLOCK 26. They are both very well made and seem to have held up well.

The Versa Max to be honest is probably about as close to perfect as I suspect an IWB holster can be. It is thin and wide which really seems to distribute the weight of an all metal gun nicely. I find this holster to be very comfortable and easy to wear when sitting, walking, driving and pretty much any activity within reason.

The Summer Special is small and easy to conceal and as the name implies seems good for summer. The only issue I have noted with the Summer Special is with a small gun it is so short that it feels as if it might slip out of the top of my pants at times. It never really does, but again it just sometimes feels that way.

TAKtical

I use a Taktical holster. Primarily because I make them myself and a custom, made to fit holster will always be more comfortable than assembly line types. An added bonus is that I dont have to spend $60+ for good quality holster. Having a holster custom made is really the way to go if you tried a crossbreed or comp-tac and there were maybe a couple things that you didnt like about it. You can have a holster made to your exact specifications rather than try to work with a one size fits all kind of holster.

Nathan

Milt Sparks.
Comfortable and holds the gun well. Holding the gun at the proper location, angles, etc is what keeps a holster out of the drawer and on you hip.

jmhyer

Galco King Tuk for my M&P9. There is nothing that I do not like about it. Having tried a half-dozen others, this is the style that works best for me.

Captains1911

Crossbreed. There's nothing about it I don't like, and i like it more than any holster I've tried, including some already mentioned in this thread.

AK103K

In cooler weather, lately its been a Sparks VMII. Nice, stable holster, but a little pricey for what you get.

Once things warm up, and things are "damp" all day, a Blade tech IWB. Kydex beats leather, hands down, once you start to sweat.

MagnumWill

Crossbreed supertuck deluxe in horsehide leather. I carry a 3" officer's frame 1911 in it, and it's wonderful. I know for a fact it'll be the only IWB holster that gun rides in, ever.

A friend of mine also had a PPS in a Comptac Minotaur, and that was a sweet holster as well. It looks a lot like the crossbreed, but it has a couple more features, like if you want to change out the kydex to fit a different gun (frankly I like dedicated holsters, but I only have one carry gun). It's great too, but I'm not thrilled with the plastic clips it comes with - the crossbreed has metal ones that will last a very long time.

MLeake

Most of my fitted IWB holsters are Sam Andrews MacDaniels. Sam's holsters use top grade leather, have very durable stitching, and are spring steel reinforced to ensure ease of draw and holstering against belt and waistband tension. To me, they epitomize craftsmanship.

Disclosure: I know Sam, and he is a quality gentleman.

I recently discovered Remora holsters for unfitted, general transport purposes. They work amazingly well with a reasonable range of pistols in a given holster size, and cost very little. Remora also has very responsive sales reps, and quick delivery.

Mike40-11

Desantis Cozy Partner for a 5" 1911 and a Sig 228. Crossbreed Supertuck for a Keltec PF9. I had a Crossbreed for the 1911s but never used it much. My daughter took it and LOVES it. The only IWB she's been able to use for a full size pistol. She's all of about 110 lbs.

Key advantage of the Desantis is that they're very easy to slip on and off in the car. The big Crossbreed for the 1911 wears well but I need to be standing up somewhere private to install it.

tkglazie

I am loving my new Crossbreed Microclip (Sig P238).

I just got it and it feels like it is a part of me already. Extremely light, very thin.

Last edited:

ROSANGHAL

Milt Sparks VM2 for either my 1911 or Glock 19/23.

It is extremely comfortable and the belt loops are not on the body of the holster which helps in not being too bulky. It's a little pricey but worth every penny.

I've also used a ton of other holsters and the VM2 is the best of the bunch.