I've got the disease!

KyJim

Sometimes I feel like an alcoholic who can't drive past a bar without spending his paycheck. This is my latest acquisition, a minty Wilson Defensive Combat I got out of layaway a couple of days ago:

WilsonCombat_DSCN1462.jpg

WilsonCombat_DSCN1448.jpg

WilsonCombat_DSCN1450.jpg

WilsonCombat_DSCN1457.jpg

KyJim

How's it shoot??
I haven't had a chance to get it to the range yet. :( Hope to do so in the next week. I expect it will shoot much better than me. My motto is if a gun doesn't shoot better than me, I don't want it. :)

How do you like the front slide serrations?
I prefer a slide without front serrations but it's not a big deal. I got a reasonable price and could put it in layaway.

Jason607

Nice!

Sorry but there are no rehab treatment facilities to treat your addiction and the only support groups only encourage your habbit.

don't worry, I'm sure obama is working on a re-education program for us "gun nuts"

UtahHunting

It happens to all of us. I have gotten to the point where I almost have to have to put buying guns into the monthly budget.

Dragon55

Beautiful piece. When you say 'minty' do you mean it is used??? Cause, it looks brand new. I can't see any even minor flaws.

KyJim

It is supposed to have about a hundred rounds through it. I thought it was new when I first saw and passed it over in the case because a new Wilson was a bit more than I had for my gun budget right now. Then one of the gun shop guys mentioned it was used and he was the previous owner (2nd owner). The difference in the price between new and used was enough to sell me.

This particular model has been discontinued (Defensive Combat) but, in the 1999 catalog, it was a thousand dollars more than the CQBs.

tex45acp

and what a wonderful disease it is Kyjim. My wife has offered me a cure several times but I refuse to take her up on it. Mine has erupted into three different actions. They even have fauxmedical names for these actions:

BuymeCQB, GottahaveCQBCompact, and MusthaveProfessional.
ThreeWilsons.jpg

KyJim

Tex45acp--

Your wife must have talked to mine. Maybe I'll have complications like yours. Nice!

OldGrump --

I guess I'll keep working on reinforcing the good habit. :)