I've got a new old Colt .38 Super thanks to Lavid2002!!

WC145

In another thread about .38 Supers, forum member Lavid2002 mentioned they had a Colt .38 Super at the shop he works at for $499. I PM'd him and told him I was interested, he was nice enough to get back with me, tell me about the gun, send me pics, and help me with the purchasing, shipping, etc.

It is a Colt 1991A1 Series 80, it came with the box and all original paperwork, etc., the total was $535 shipped (a great deal!!!). It is as new and looks like it may have never been shot before me. I ran 50rds of Aguila FMJ and 20rds of Winchester Silvertips through it today and it functioned perfectly with no failures of any kind. It is accurate and shoots to point of aim, I shot our 50rd qualifying course and shot a 49 out of a possible 50. The miss was my fault, threw one a little wide shooting around a barricade. I'm a happy camper!!

I haven't had a chance to take any pics of it but here's a couple of the ones Dave sent me:

IMGP0420.JPG

IMGP0422.JPG

SouthpawShootr

Sounds like a really good find. I have a 1991A1 Commander and it's everything a Colt should be. I've never heard of a 1991A1 series in .38 Super. Must be a bit scarce. I've been thinking of getting a 1911 in that caliber.

WC145

SouthpawShootr Sounds like a really good find. I have a 1991A1 Commander and it's everything a Colt should be. I've never heard of a 1991A1 series in .38 Super. Must be a bit scarce. I've been thinking of getting a 1911 in that caliber.

I don't know much about Colts, let alone the 1991A1 series. I'm psyched to have it though, and especially since it was a good deal. I do a couple of other .38 Supers, including another 1911,a RIA GI, that is also a good shooter. I like the caliber, it's not hard to find, especially online (ammunitiontogo.com usually has plenty), and FMJ runs a bit less than .45ACP. Cor-bon makes some very hot ammo in .38 Super and Georgia Arms has 124gr bonded Gold Dots (1350fps) for about $22 for 50. Of course, if you handload all of that is moot.

WC145

Just saw this thread after all this time
Glad you're enjoying the Colt!

-Dave

Yes, I am! It's been great, accurate and reliable, just as you expect a Colt to be. I dressed it up with some water buffalo horn/mother of pearl grips.
Thanks again!
Scott

SDC10955.JPG

Eghad

I would buy that for $535.00 :D

I was just reading an article about the .38 Super done by the author of the Swagger Books.