It's the New Year! Let's cast!

Beagle333

So who's making bullets in the New Year? I'm going to try to get out to the shed tomorrow and see if it's flooded out. We have had rain for a solid week.... something like 10" of rain. But the sun is supposed to return this weekend and hopefully I can wade out there and drop some lead. :) I'd really like to rebuild my stash before the super heat of summer returns.

sundog

Yes, this is casting season. I poured some Lee 452-228-RN the other day for a project involving a very well used 45 ACP revolver barrel. They are now powder coated and push thru sized at .454, very shortly to be loaded in 45 AR.

Occasional winter afternoons here in NE Oklahoma in the 50s and 60s make for very good play time for rendering WWs and range scrap, and pouring lots of bullets for summer.

And we've had a ton of rain here, too.

Mike / Tx

Should have stayed home first part of this week and done some but went to the country and watched it rain. Came home and the sun comes out. Got a ton of stuff to do around the house and IF I get caught up today I'll be pouring something tomorrow.

5whiskey

I poured some Lee 452-228-RN the other day

I christened that same mold New Years Eve and New Years day. Found mine dropped them to .455. Was hoping to get away with not sizing but oh well.

USSR

I christened that same mold New Years Eve and New Years day. Found mine dropped them to .455. Was hoping to get away with not sizing but oh well.

Well, you need to buy yourself a 25-2; perfect size.

Don

m&p45acp10+1

I did cast up 500 of the 175 grain SWC in the new Lee 2 hole mold. They regular ones. Not the TL though I only use the LLA on all of my cast bullets.

I was luck the railroad gave me a nice 4 day weekend. If only the weather had been nicer. It is cold here in Nebraska. I eagerly await the coveted time they call spring here.