Its Official: Colt Purchased For $220-Million And Stock Options By CZ

Death-Ninja

I haven't seen this posted anywhere on site, this is a good deal for Colt fans, a very good deal, for the first time in living memory Colt will be owned, and operated by a committed firearms company, not by bean-counters who hate guns and proceeded accordingly!

I do believe they will be moving the operation to the American south, which is also very good if true, Colt has no business being under the nose of a radically anti-gun state government opposed to firearms and their manufacture! Well done CZ... :)

https://www.guns.com/news/2021/02/12/its-official-cz-acquires-colt

sevt_chevelle

As a CZ fanboy, first off CZ NEEDS to clean house at Colt. A lot of people need to wind up at the unemployment office.

For the love of God, bring back an updated Colt Z40.
Colt needs to learn the AR market has evolved past the 6920.

redlightrich

CZ will impart their quality to Colt. Colt will not suffer under CZ. It will be a win win, especially for the people who buy Colt items.

Be well

Rich

Radny97

Hopefully they don’t fully abandon the Dan Wesson revolver lines. I love those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Death-Ninja

As a CZ fanboy, first off CZ NEEDS to clean house at Colt. A lot of people need to wind up at the unemployment office.

For the love of God, bring back an updated Colt Z40.
Colt needs to learn the AR market has evolved past the 6920.

The best way to proceed to my mind is to PACK up the whole shooting match and depart for the heartland, there is absolutely positively no future for any gun maker anywhere along the eastern seaboard, you cannot operate a successful gun business in any state locked down by a radical, anti-gun, one political party rule where virtually all of your employees will end up being gleaned from a pool of non-gun people!

TunnelRat

The best way to proceed to my mind is to PACK up the whole shooting match and depart for the heartland, there is absolutely positively no future for any gun maker anywhere along the eastern seaboard, you cannot operate a successful gun business in any state locked down by a radical, anti-gun, one political party rule where virtually all of your employees will end up being gleaned from a pool of non-gun people!

SIG seems to be doing fine in NH. Ruger is there as well. S&W has some operations in ME (not to mention surviving in MA for a very long time). There are states in the north that are not rabidly anti-gun. For that matter the eastern seaboard includes the Carolinas and Georgia, which are fairly pro gun.

Last edited:
Hopefully a lot of the old colt staff are released (non production involved people). Leave their gunsmiths/repair staff alone. I'd move to a right to work state.

Skans

CZ is a good gun company and it will probably be good for Colt. But, CZ is not American. I wonder how long this "marriage" will last before CZ just stamps "Colt" on certain select products.

When CZ purchased Dan Wesson, Dan Wesson really ceased to exist as the company it once was.

Skans said:
When CZ purchased Dan Wesson, Dan Wesson really ceased to exist as the company it once was.
Which, IMHO and based on some first-hand experience, was a good thing.

CZ doesn't have to do much to "right" Colt other than not siphon all the profits out of Colt operations. If they run it like a normal business and allow at least some of the profits they make to be reinvested in design, research, and plant upgrades instead of diverting all the profits to line the pockets of the owners of the holding company, Colt will be just fine.

Death-Ninja

CZ is a good gun company and it will probably be good for Colt. But, CZ is not American. I wonder how long this "marriage" will last before CZ just stamps "Colt" on certain select products.

It got substantially better, including funding.... CZ is like Beretta, and Sig, moving into the US for a reason, they are for all intents and purposes, American! Colt has been so mismanaged these last 75 years there is absolutely nothing but upside in this. Also, in direct response to post-10, Sig and Ruger can hardly be considered east coast concerns, particularly Ruger whose main operations are located in Prescott AZ! Mark my words, whether you wish to or not, Sig, and what remains of Ruger will be joining in with Beretta and likely Colt, in departing altogether, and well they should,. nothing but upside in vacating the eastern seaboard altogether, TX, AR, WI, The Dakotas, MT, TN, KY, all offer far friendlier digs then anything on either of the one party gun grabbing coasts!

TunnelRat

It got substantially better, including funding.... CZ is like Beretta, and Sig, moving into the US for a reason, they are for all intents and purposes, American! Colt has been so mismanaged these last 75 years there is absolutely nothing but upside in this. Also, in direct response to post-10, Sig and Ruger can hardly be considered east coast concerns, particularly Ruger whose main operations are located in Prescott AZ! Mark my words, whether you wish to or not, Sig, and what remains of Ruger will be joining in with Beretta and likely Colt, in departing altogether, and well they should,. nothing but upside in vacating the eastern seaboard altogether, TX, AR, WI, The Dakotas, Montana, TN, KY, all offer far friendlier digs then anything on either of the one party coasts!

How is SIG not an east coast concern when their main headquarters and main factory is in NH? Unless you mean SIG Sauer GmbH, but then you should understand that SIG Sauer Inc is different and that SIG Sauer GmbH is far smaller than it once was.

I know Ruger is in AZ, but they have factories in a number of places. They make a number of firearms at their Newport, NH factory. My 10/22 was made there. Heck my Mk III was made in Southport, CT (which, by the way, is where their headquarters is). Those are two of their most popular products being made on the east coast.

So Glock will leave GA too I guess by your estimation, since it’s also on the east coast? This after decades of being there and their close relationship with Smyrna?

How are these far friendlier digs? SIG just received money from the state to build a new facility in Rochester, NH. NH, VT, and ME have constitutional carry. They’re not exactly anti-gun.

You can look all of this up on Google. Maybe your hypotheses will all prove correct one day. The current reality doesn’t seem to suggest they’re leaving anytime soon.

Last edited:

TunnelRat

What does that mean though, to be “American”? My P10-C was made in the US. When it went back to get repaired it went to a US facility and was inspected and repaired by a US gunsmith. Does it really matter if the parent company is from the US? Colt had a number of financial troubles over the years despite being the primary manufacturer of two of the most popular firearms on the US market. I’m not sure being American really helped them.

Well, as for being "American" -- Colt's problems were due to being sucked dry by the owners of the holding company that owned the gun company. The primary owner of that holding company is Greek.

Trevor

In the past few years I have lived through 2 corporate acquisitions with employers. My experience is that the company acquired ceases to exist sooner or later. I think this result will happen with Colt.

Colt's value to CZ is its military and law enforcement contracts, especially outside the United States. This market will become CZ's focus with the Colt brand name. It will retain a few legacy pistols and revolvers for the commercial market.

Many in the above comments seem to think CZ emptying Colt of all its assets and history is a good idea. You will probably get your wish.