Its not easy being green. S&W PC681

p99guy

A new addition to the family..7 shot Performance Center M681 3inch:)

imgp3352fd9.jpg

And shown with my trusty ol'1980's M13 3inch

imgp3357vy9.jpg

Kreyzhorse

I see how it looks and I'm not sure why :(..... but how does it shoot? Did Smith coat that for you or was it done through a 3rd party?

p99guy

its all factory, a special run of 500(this one is #32)...and has one of the best single AND double actions I have felt on a S&W, those P.C. folks can hand build good ones. Shoots point of aim as well.
7 shots are also a nice feature, as is the ability to use full moon clips.

imgp3361zj4.jpg

imgp3360rm0.jpg

imgp3363gh8.jpg

Triggernosis

Just curious, but why do they not flute the cylinder?
I have a Rossi with an unfluted cylinder and I've always thought it was a cost-saving measure....that added more strength.

p99guy

well, in the case of mine, the cylinder is a 7 shot instead of six...I would think
unfluted would be preferable as there isnt a lot of room to machine them between the charge holes. In other cases its just to look different/custom.

Kreyzhorse

its all factory, a special run of 500(this one is #32)...

I do like my S&Ws now, but I had no idea that they did any thing funky like a green revolver. I don't know that it's my cup of tea, but its cool that you got one out of a limited run and it sounds like its a great shooting gun. Nothing better than a good S&W action and it sounds like you have a great one. Congrats.

brentfoto

Someone's unnecessarily posting photos in this thread that consist of very large files. A real PITA, even with my cable DSL, which is fast, believe me... :rolleyes::eek::confused::barf::p:mad:

Good for you. It's a fine gun. I lucked up on one a few months ago. This is the only L frame that has felt good in my hand. Long live K frame Magnums. Enjoy the new toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p99guy

Thanks big Al.

brent, that was the best example of a waste of a post I have seen in a while...good gawd.

whineylp8.png

Last edited:

brentfoto

I guess that it's okay to post mega multi-byte photos, then. Unnecessary bandwidth, you ask me, when it is usually easy to post a file of 100-200kb and have the same end-product.

Whatever... :rolleyes:

p99guy

mine comes straight off imageshack,a photo hosting site and they dont allow huge photos to begin with. Now if they are having a bad day...it loads slow. nothing wrong with the pic size.