It's back!

9x19

Hoping these rumors are true!

Two new Ruger Chargers to be announced soon.

One is a take-down model, both have threaded barrels and a new stock design that accepts AR pistol grips, plus they come with BX15 (15 Rd maga).

Last edited:

9x19

These look official...

Charger1_zpsaa750f7b.jpg

Charger2_zpsd4463983.jpg

Cheapshooter

I was really getting interested in a Charger just when they were discontinued. Been watching the shows, and shops for a used one. But with this news, what would go better with the 10-22 Takedown I got a few months ago better than a Charger Takedown? :D:D:D
A new gun introduced that I don't have to wait for to prove itself because it already has! :D:D:D

Cheapshooter

do you have links to those monstrosities?
I can't find them on ruger's site.

The information release was an Oops! According to this post on the Ruger Forum yesterday, it's supposed to be released Monday.

Return of the Charger?
Browsing the Facebook gun pages I ran across a post that said a distributor accidentally sent these Charger e-flyers out prematurely. Supposedly they are supposed to be announced Monday. I reposted the pictures to the "Ruger Fans" page on Facebook. I got a private message from a man that said he worked for Ruger and that he couldn't post it publicly but he would tell me off the record that they are currently producing these new Chargers. He seemed pretty legitimate to me. However, I guess we will all see soon enough if it is true. Just thought I'd share.
http://rugerforum.net/ruger-charger/116693-return-charger.html

9x19

Sorry, no link... this was supposedly leaked to social media (Facebook) ahead of a Monday announcement.

But, we live in a world of internet spoofs, etc., so that's why I said "rumors", but I do hope its real as we could use a new threaded barrel charger with an MSRP of $309!

I'd buy a couple.

guncheese

when i first saw a charger i went "ohhh i think i want"
only to find they had been discontinued already!
now im back in business

this should also drive the prices of used ones back down to normal

Colt46

Deja Vu all over again

Looks an awful lot like the 'Enforcer' M-1 variant seen during the 1970's.
Not my thing, but most guns aren't.

Cheapshooter

But for it to be a 9MM it would not be a 10-22! They would have to start from the get go, or modify an existing pistol design capable of 9X19 pressure.

slugchucker

ruger charger

I'm glad Ruger brought the Charger back, but why a "takedown" model? For the times that carrying around a 19 inch pistol is just too inconvenient? Since both models have threaded barrels, I'm opting for the 4917 and will just suffer with carrying the pistol at it's full length!:)
P.S. How long till they make a "arm brace" to work with the A2 style grip?;)

Last edited:

smee78

Yes I got the e-mail also, I'm happy they brought it back but what really gets me happy is the BX-15 mag. Ruger reliability with 15 rounds that are easy to change out in the guns.:D Its already listed on the site for sale seperatly.

Cheapshooter

At first I was excited about the takedown model. But looking at the specs I am changing my mind toward the standard model. Not really impressed with the Green Mountian laminated stock. I like the Brown one better. Then there's the extra hundred bucks for the takedown model. I like the hard case that is included, but I don't see a place for a QD scope like in the bag that came with my 10-22 Takedown rifle. Considering the Charger is already smaller than a rifle, the takedown feature is just more of a novelty.