It's amazing...

just how degraded the sights on my revolvers have become over the years...

What? You mean it's my eyes?

Oh... :(

I went to the range over the weekend with my Colt Police Positive .32, my Police Positive Special in .32-20, my Official Police in .38 Special, and my 25-5 in .45 Long Colt.

The two .32s are from before World War II, and the sights really show it. Tiny nicks (some say notches, I say nicks!) in the top strap and a teeny front sight blade that fills the nick in the backsight.

When you've got eyes that are going, it's almost impossible to make out those sights.

The OP was a bit better. It was made in 1968. It still has fixed sights, but the front blade is wider and the notch (it really is a notch, now) in the top strap is wider than the slight blade.

Best of all, of couse, was the 25-5, but it has adjustable outline sights, so that was really no contest.

Still, had a very fun time. That was the first I'd shot either of the .32s, and they were a hoot.

We're not even going to say how I did... just leave it alone, OK? :)

mico di sanza

My eye doctor told me a couple of years ago that I could wear my new glasses all the time if I wanted. :eek: He did say I might be able to see the front sights too. :D

jtmckinney

I am in the same boat. I turn 60 in a couple months and only need reading glasses so I am very lucky compared to some. I am right handed and probably right eye dominant but right eye cannot focus on the sights but see well at distance. My left eye sees the sights just fine but at distance things get blurry.

Truth is I never could shoot pistols worth a hoot but now I have an excuse that isn't my lack of form or practice:).

Boncrayon

I have 66 year old eyes and still wear reading glasses (2.75 or 3.0) to read and shoot at the range. Works at the indoor range and at the 100 yd. outdoor range with scope. All you have to do is focus on the front sight and see the target.