It's a dogs life!

Karanas

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20000508/aponline195610_000.htm

Buddy, President Sleep Together

The Associated Press
Monday, May 8, 2000; 7:56 p.m. EDT

WASHINGTON –– President Clinton isn't completely alone at night when first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton sleeps at their home in New York.
Buddy, the president's playful chocolate Labrador, sometimes curls up next to him.

"He sleeps with me when Hillary's not here," Clinton told reporters who had gathered on the South Lawn of the White House when he returned Monday from attending Cardinal John O'Connor's funeral in New York.

Buddy, his ears flopping, bounded out to meet his master at the presidential helicopter. While watching Clinton and Buddy play fetch with a yellow tennis ball, a reporter asked the president if he knew the old saying: If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.

"I got a friend," the president said, grinning widely. "He sleeps with me when Hillary's not here. He's my true friend. We have a great time."

© Copyright 2000 The Associated Press

It's too bad this is a family forum. :(
I could really go crazy with this one!

foxfire

Makes you wonder what the sleeping 'arrangements' are when Hillary's home?
Hmmm... ;)

------------------
...defend the 2nd., it protects us all.
No fate but what we make...

CMOS

Ledbetter, ROTFLMAO! I just shot my drink through my nose!!

"Here Buddy-Buddy..."

CMOS

------------------
GOA, TSRA, LEAA, NRA, SAF and I vote!

animal

ROTFLMAO...You guys are sick.... :D

I Always said the ones he picks to fool around with are dogs... Didn't realize how right I was. :D

buzz_knox

"Hhere, buddy. Fetch the 'bone'!" "Yeah, boy. Roll over!"

Anyone ever feel sorry for the SS agents assigned to the protective detail?

Monkeyleg

So where is PETA in all of this? They should be picketing outside the White House demanding that Buddy be given a "normal" home.

Dick

buzz_knox

Two thoughts come to mind.

1. Too bad Clinton hasn't been.

2. Based on Clinton's conduct with Juanita Broderick, he sometimes follows the motto it is better to give than to receive.

Ash

Gorthaur
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Buddy's been neutered....[/quote]

So Hillary got to him as well.