Ithaca 37 Fans Take Note

Sheikyourbootie

If I lived anywhere in the neighborhood...I would be there. Great company with excellent service. I can hardly wait for their over/under to hit the market.

CaptainChaos

"If I lived anywhere in the neighborhood...I would be there."

As would I.

"Great company with excellent service."

Agreed.

"I can hardly wait for their over/under to hit the market."

I'd be happy if we had an Ithaca dealership in the UK. (I've never *seen* a *new* Ithaca. ('Cept on t'Internet in photos, o'course.)

Regards,

Mark.

drcook

I'd be happy if we had an Ithaca dealership in the UK. (I've never *seen* a *new* Ithaca. ('Cept on t'Internet in photos, o'course.)

why don't you email them, do some explaining and suggesting, you never know ....

CaptainChaos

I have to say Ithaca were very accommodating when I needed spare parts. However, it took an *awful* lot of pesterin' before they gave in and agreed to ship them to me.

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. I get the feeling that I've asked this before, but where's the "reply with quote" button on this forum?

drcook

I just bought some parts last week. The were mailed that afternoon, or the next morning as I had them in hand within a couple days.

Might be a bit different if a person is outside the country, with the different regulations and hoops that a company that sells firearm parts has to jump through to satisfy Uncle Sammy that proprietary technology isn't leaving the country.

CaptainChaos

It's *very* different for customers outside the USA. But, although it took a fair bit of badgering, I was *very* pleased with the result: two fixed firing pins and a gun that doesn't FTEx any more. :)

All I've got to fix now is the wanderin' rear sight, dropping of live rounds and cracked stock... :(

Regards,

Mark.

drcook

Tell me about your gun, when it was made, and the complete symptoms. I have just gone through building up a 16ga from scratch. I bought an empty receiver from Numrich, the bolt, carrier,slide and side rails from California, a magazine tube from Ithaca, a barrel from Iowa, rescued, recheckered and refinished a stock. Other parts from here, the rest of them from there.

Plus restored a couple other 16ga Ithaca 37's.

I have learned a bit along the way. Maybe I can offer some suggestions.

The one I built is on the bottom, the middle one I am restoring. The barrel is done and reblued, the stock is in process.

The top is my wife's youth/lady size model 1100 20ga.

Yep, they all have the same length of pull. 2 16ga Ithaca 37's and a 1100 20ga. She is my hunting, shooting partner.

In fact, join over here. There is a lot of Ithaca knowledge, a lot, including Walt Snyder who wrote the definitive books on Ithacas

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=59&sid=8802b2b5681b395f633ca26ff018f749

406906372.jpg