It sort of tickles me

the45er

First of all - this is not a complaint, criticism, complaint or whatever. I’m a believer in the free market system. I just think it’s strange that the last 3 pistols I’ve looked for used on several popular websites have been priced at or higher than the same guns can be bought for brand new on sites such as Palmetto, Buds, etc.

No problema. Guess I’ll just have to keep looking!

Eddiejoe

I thought I was going to see the same thing at the auction I usually buy from, but it wasn't that bad. Maybe a little over normal, but I noticed there were fewer items and less variety.

sparkyv

Just as the OP stated: free market. Demand is up, so seller price their wares higher to satisfy the demand. Not everyone is a savvy shopper, and these shrewd sellers are gonna hook a sucker every now and again. It's up to us to be wary...and wait for the right deal. It's simple, really.

stinkeypete

Those are the asking prices. Keep an eye on them and you'll see the unfairly priced items sit for weeks. Then make an offer that's fair. In my experience, they often jump at cash.

On the other hand, I think some of the junk being sold might well end up in the hands of "unqualified" buyers who are looking to avoid paperwork.

I am keeping my powder dry and am starting to notice what I consider "Top Shelf" items starting to show up for sale at decent prices.

me? I am starting to think about getting a nice air pistol to do some target work with not at the range.

buster55

I know what you mean, they keep going higher.
When you throw in shipping and FFL, the Local gun shop starts to look better all the time.

Pathfinder45

For a long time now, a 2nd hand Ruger 1022 is priced as high or higher than a brand new one at BiMart. Even one that is a total beater will go for $150 or more, as a basis for a custom rebuild. Some guns are just that way....

lee n. field

First of all - this is not a complaint, criticism, complaint or whatever. I’m a believer in the free market system. I just think it’s strange that the last 3 pistols I’ve looked for used on several popular websites have been priced at or higher than the same guns can be bought for brand new on sites such as Palmetto, Buds, etc.

No problema. Guess I’ll just have to keep looking!

"Yeahbut" -- are those new guns actually in stock at PSA, Buds, etc.?

Gunborker? Folks price things absurdly there, in hopes of catching a sucker with poor googleing skills.

These are weird times.

Carmady

I think a lot of the high prices for used stuff is to help offset the hagglers.

You can advertise a nice 1911 for $100 and some twit will email, "50$ CASH TODAY."