It had to happen: .600 caliber revolver

skeeter1

Well, it's interesting, but none of my rifles or shotguns, let alone handguns, weight anywhere near 13+ lbs. I'm going to take a pass on that one.

cje1980

I've never understood this obsession with trying to turn handguns into elephant guns. If you want to hunt large dangerous game get a large bore rifle. All I tend to use handguns for is plinking, self defense, and medium game hunting. Most semi-auto calibers and revolver cartridges up to the 44Mag meet these needs just fine. If I know that I am going after a 1,000lb animal, I'm not brinking a handgun.

FirstFreedom

What's the point of the backward trigger - a suicide gun?

On the .600 revolver, good thing it's not just a crappy ol' single shot - this way you can fan it like John Wayne.

gb_in_ga

Interesting concept/novelty gun, but impractical.

I mean, If I were going to be packing something that big and heavy for protection against big dangerous game, I'd opt for something like a 12 ga slug shotty, which is even lighter and would be more controlable, albeit longer. Especially since I have no intention of ever going to Africa.

The current offerings of heavy handguns, shotguns and guide rifles pretty well cover the spectrum for big/dangerous animal protection here in North America.

jhgreasemonkey

cje1980 put it nicely. I think its interesting and would be fun to try but what the heck would you use it for. Thats one expensive boat anchor.

VincentB

The "backwards trigger is problay a set trigger, you push it forward till it "sets" the main trigger and then it lets off at an extremely light pull. My CZ 527 does basically the same thing by pushing forward on the single trigger it "sets" the trigger and now it will rlease with just ounces of trigger pull, not pounds. Set trigger are very popular in europe.

I REALLY like the single shot 22 Hornet. To me the "wierd" one is the one where they can add a 22 Hornet barrel to almost any normal bolt action as an "underbarrel" conversion that you fire with you thumb on a trap door trigger in the stock forearm. Now that is getting kinky.

VincentB

The "backwards trigger is problay a set trigger, you push it forward till it "sets" the main trigger and then it lets off at an extremely light pull. My CZ 527 does basically the same thing by pushing forward on the single trigger it "sets" the trigger and now it will rlease with just ounces of trigger pull, not pounds. Set trigger are very popular in europe.

I REALLY like the single shot 22 Hornet. To me the "wierd" one is the one where they can add a 22 Hornet barrel to almost any normal bolt action as an "underbarrel" conversion that you fire with you thumb on a trap door trigger in the stock forearm. Now that is getting kinky.

Pappy John

zeliska_2.jpg

Now, that's just silly!!!!:D

Moloch

Also check out the bullpup design with the bckwards trigger - those crazy Germans!!

No! Crazy Austrians! The third Reich doesn't exist anymore. :rolleyes:

However, it looks like much fun too shoot, 900 grains at 460m/ms or /1510 fp/s ..wow. 5 centimetres longer and its a classified as a rifle. :)

Ozzieman

I hear the 20mm pocket pistol is next

Since I dont hunt grizzer bears with hand guns and think any one that does is stupid, dont see much use other than to impress the nerds that show up at gun ranges.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Residents of the US shouldn't bother to put in an order; a .60 caliber revolver would be a destructive device and even more restricted than a machinegun.

Jim

ugaarguy

Residents of the US shouldn't bother to put in an order; a .60 caliber revolver would be a destructive device and even more restricted than a machinegun.

Is there no sporting exemption for handguns? I remember reading in the "12 gauge from he11" thread over on THR how there is an exemption form if you can prove sporting use. The 12ga FH cartridge is a huge (longer than 3&1/2") all brass shell fired from single shot rifles & shotguns that are cutom built for it. They explained how they showed its sporting use and got it exempted from DD status much like the old safari cartridges such as the .600 NE. Would they not exempt a handgun that fires an already DD exempt sporting cartridge?

Moloch

I think the 12Gauge from hell is made for barrels without rifling if I remember correctly; so its just a extremely powerful shotgun slug. :confused:

Correct me if I am wrong.