It followed me home...

Radicalcleric

I broke my self-imposed embargo on gun purchases when I recently saw a Colt Offical Police with grips I wanted. I bought the gun just to get the grips. Well, it arrived today and I may have to keep it rather than resell as I planned.

The darned thing is in about 98% condition. Some blue worn from ejector rod from going in and out and that's about it. Not even a hint of a drag line on the cylinder. I already swapped grips so the ones in the photo are a pair of well-worn numbers off a Python. The serial number indicates that it was made in 1958. I can only guess that someone bought this and put it in a drawer for 44 years. The cylinder face looks like it was test-fired only. Some spots and highlights appear in the photo but they are bad lighting only. The gun is cherry.

I know that I am always saying that I don't need or want pristine guns, but this one sort of appeals to me. For the $175 I paid for it, how wrong can I go in keeping it?

Attachments

• colt.jpg
    colt.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 158

yorec

Now, why doesn't something like that follow me home? I keep getting these things that bark, eat, and poop - deffinately not fair..