It begins....

Geezerbiker

I ordered 2 Anderson AR15 lower receivers today from a local gun dealer. I should have them around the first week of January...

Thanks for all the advise and I'm sure I'll be back with more questions...

Tony

stagpanther

I ordered 2 Anderson AR15 lower receivers today from a local gun dealer. I should have them around the first week of January...

Thanks for all the advise and I'm sure I'll be back with more questions...

Tony
You have your "Little Stash of Horrors" --they'll keep calling out "build me...build me.";)

Mobuck

Stuff just keeps showing up here. Today it was 3 "super sale priced" stock/buffer tube assemblies. Yesterday a case of ammo. The day before was gas blocks and tubes. Sooner or later it all gets fitted together and goes bang.

Geezerbiker

I'm thinking an A2 DMR and a .300 Blackout pistol for this 2 frames... Time will tell if I stick to that...

Tony

Last edited:

lordmorgul

No such thing as extra parts, just incomplete rifles.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / CRPA / FPC / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member

armoredman

I have recently learned this, need almost a complete upper right now, starting with just a Bear Creek Arsenal veterans Day giveaway barrel. :)

Mobuck

Never enough parts. We just received a lower completion jig "gifted" by a guy who figured out the only way to stop using it was to give it away.

Cheapshooter

Sounds like my other firearms related vices. Buying cheap milsurps has all but dried up. I have about all the TC Contender barrels I'm interested in. Now on to the AR builds. I bought a stripped lower a couple weeks ago with the plan of building a 300 BLK pistol. But am already thinking of the next project. Deciding between a 458 SOCOM or 224 Valkyrie.

rickyrick

You should just order more right now... you’ll catch the fever.

I finally boxed up my extra AR parts and put them out of sight.

All my lowers are built on Anderson stripped lowers and have been flawless.

Geezerbiker

I wasn't planning to buy anymore parts since the receivers are about a month out, but Midway had lower receiver parts kits on sale for $23. I'll still need a trigger group but this will get me started...

The plan is to finish the first one before starting the second one so I can spread out the cost.

Tony

kymasabe

All my lowers are built on Anderson stripped lowers and have been flawless.
Me too. I"ve tried at least half a dozen other lower receiver manufacturers, haven't had any problems with any of them, but my last few builds have been with Anderson lowers which have all had good fit and finish, and I buy on sale at PrimaryArms. Why pay more than you have to, unless you want a fancier logo/rollmark.

Skans

My problem is that when I build an AR, I generally still have 1/2 the parts left to make another.....and then I think, "what the heck, might as well complete another."

stagpanther

I've already been through "spare parts syndrome"--but I eventually ran out of room in my house for all the safes, parts storage and reloading equipment and components.

In order to impart some degree of self-discipline; I buy barrels first now before going down the "what the heck, might as well buy three of em at once--you never know when the next scare-draught will be" path.;)