Issues with Remington Golden JHP Bullets

Minorcan

I have several .22 cal pistols and rifles. My Ruger Mark I, II, and IIIs typically eat anything I feed them EXCEPT for these Remington Golden JHP Bullets. I built me a new Mark III custom and took it to the range and it wouldn't fire a magazine without FTF issues. So I tried four other magazines with the same issue. I assumed it was the pistol. So I tried my old 1969 Mark I and had the same issue. OK now I'm getting suspicious. I try some Winchester JHP and both guns ran fine with no issues including my new build Mark III. Just for kicks I tried the Remington ammo in my Ruger 10-22 and it wouldn't feed in it either. Winchesters fed fine.

I got a good deal on the ammo or so I thought. Maybe I got what I paid for. Has anyone else had similar issues with this ammo? :mad:

chris in va

Yes, it's well documented the problems with bulk pack Golden Bullets. If you do a search you'll find many posts about them.

Minorcan

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks, I should have been more discriminating. I've never had any issues with other Remington ammo so assumed these were OK.

jasmith85

I have never had an issue with Remington Golden Bullets in any of my semi-autos. I can't say that I've fired over 500 of them though.

shootbrownelk

Remington is marketing those Golden bullets in the buckets & boxes as NEW & IMPROVED. I certainly hope so, they couldn't get much worse or they'd be Remington ThunderBolts....

amd6547

I normally don't buy Remington rimfire ammo...I try to stick with CCI and Aguila.
But with the rimfire shortage, when I saw some 225-packs at Walmart, I bought 3.
I've mainly shot it in a 10/22, an SR22, a Beretta Bobcat, and a Beretta Model 71.
No problems in any of them.
Give me something to plink up while I can save my better ammo.

Minorcan

Yea, I'm a big CCI fan as well but when the shortage was in swing I picked up these and they have been sitting for awhile so I thought I would burn through them, Thanks for the comments.

DPris

Member Emeritus
First- there is no .22 LR JHP ammunition.

And second- this remains a constant puzzlement to me.

I regularly use the Remington Golden bulk, some that's 8 or 9 years old, in testing new .22s of all types, and I simply do not find either ignition or accuracy problems with it.

It typically does well for accuracy, occasionally beating out other brands.

I consider it a standard for my testing & it gives me no problems.
I must be getting the Special Reserve stuff. :)
Denis

JWT

I've had continual problems with all Remington .22 LR ammo in all of my semi auto pistols. I will no longer buy it.

DPris

Member Emeritus
And I just acquired two more buckets. :)
Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but I'll keep doing it.
Denis

osbornk

And I just acquired two more buckets.
Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but I'll keep doing it.
Denis

I do the same thing. Must be because I seldom have a problem with them. They are as good or better than most of the other bulk ammo I use (except for Thunderbolts).