Isreal-made Desert Eagle .40

Rangefinder

Anyone know where to find magazines for the original Israeli .40 Desert Eagle or what mag is compatible? The Magnum Research ones are NOT--need the originals. Any and all options are needed. It's an H3

44 AMP

Staff
Are you sure you got the name right? Original IMI Desert Eagles were not .40 cal. .357 Magnum at first (1984) and a couple years later .44 Magnum. Some time after that, .41 Mag.

The Jericho pistol, later known as the "Baby Eagle" was offered in .40, is this what you are talking about?

Rangefinder

This one belongs to a neighbor friend, so I'm going on what he's told me he's already dealt with. It IS marked Israeli, and it is most definitely a 40S&W. Magnum Research mags are too wide for the mag well. I'll get a better hands-on in the morning and pull some partial #'s and proof marks to see where that leads us.

44 AMP---I DO believe you're on to something. I'm definitely not in the loop on DE in many ways, so that helps a bunch. If I had to guess, I'd say you pegged it.

eddyb74

I had an IMI industries baby eagle .40 sub compact. I bought a CZ mag that worked and actually was the same exact mag.

Rangefinder

Fantastic advice all the way around, guys. Thank you all very much--I think I have enough options available to help my buddy get things figured out. As always--when the answer isn't right in front of me, I can always find it within a few keystrokes to the right people. ;)