Israeli AK's???

jersurf101

I read an article over at the daily beast (sorry I do not have link posting Kung fu) where the Israelis are making AK pattern rifles geared toward the civilian market. Specifically the US. They look a lot like a SCAR, at least the picture in the article, and I am wondering what the price will be. Just one more thing to add to the list. I like the idea and I really do hope they are reasonably priced.

jersurf101

No definitely not a Galil ace. I am familiar with the Galil and it's availability to us. These are new Israeli Kalishnikov pattern rifles.

Destructo6

CAA's "Alpha" ak.

Here's the article:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...mass-producing-ak-47s-for-the-u-s-market.html

Here's what it looks like:
1467377607.jpg

Looks like a grotesque blend of AK, SCAR, and Beretta AR 160. My eyes hurt. And I'd assume it's built with the same quality standards as CAA's other offerings.

Skans

If it was all one color it would be a lot easier on the eyes. The black and tan one wasn't all that bad looking.

ttarp

They're supposed to cost about as much as the Galil Ace too, I don't see the draw other than the "ooh, Israeli" factor, but then again, Galil...

jersurf101

I have liked the new AK'S from Radom and these look similar. Thanks for the link and picture. How can another import from a quality builder be a bad thing even if they are pricey?

Last edited:

HistoryJunky

Not a fan of this look. To me it doesn't even look like an AK aside from the magazine.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

ttarp

Not saying its a bad thing, just don't see them selling super quick with that price tag, and I'm wondering what the draw over the Galil is as well.

Skans

I own a new Israeli rifle on the market called a Gilboa m43. Its chambered in 762x39 and its a AR platform.

I wonder if you can install a Franklin Binary or Fostech Echo trigger in it? That would be something!