ISO holster finish opinions

Eric Larsen

Ive been making holsters for a while and want an opinion on a "look" or finish, that I like..but that doesnt mean everyone else does..right?

The holsters are finished in an Antiqued kinda style...I actually goofed the dye process on one a while ago and it turned out very cool...it looked very old and very well used but new at the same time. It took a while to remember just how I messed the original up..but I seemed to have messed these up just about right :D !

Please be honest...if you dont like them...tell me. Im looking for TFL's feedback...Your opinions are highly wanted.......

Shoot well and thanks

Its hard to tell the color in the pic..its kind of a worn reddish brownish black......er.....kinda sorts.....hmmmm.

Attachments

• newoldiwb.jpg
    newoldiwb.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 149

SA Scott

Absolutely nothing wrong with those. IMO, a bit more class & character than the "black/brown/tan" available from most manufacturers. Why not a unique and interesting holster? I like the aesthetic more than anything in my collection now.

SA Scott

Eric Larsen

Funny, I pulled out my leather motorcycle jacket...about 10 years old and seen a couple of miles. The holsters look the same as the jacket does on the worn parts like the elbows etc...very cool.
The holsters are actually pretty crisp...hard shell after hand molding..the guns go in and stay with a nice "click"..and offer a pretty good presentation of the gun....
Thanks for the replies..Shoot well

Nice work...You'd have no problem selling any of those here....especially offering an FBI canted clip on IWB....very popular design but few get it right (like LouAlessi's Talon)....

blades67

They're not bad looking holsters. I wouldn't buy a holster with a "weathered" or "antiqued" look, much like I wouldn't buy a new car that was beat up and scratched to look like it was already 10 years old. That's just me though.

Eric Larsen

Blades...thanks for your POV. Thats why I posted this...Im not sure its gonna be an "in demand" finish..but thought it looked pretty cool at the same time. Regular black, brown, burgandy..whatever? is still always an option for finished colors.

Thanks for the responses...Shoot well

sm

Nice work
I like the 'distressed' look. Gives the -man uses the firearm and know how to use it feel. IMO
mag carriers??
I like IWB and mag carriers with clip IWB hard to find. Just a thought.

[fits a need for CCW /job]

Eric Larsen

Mag carriers are easily done...Ive done a few with the Clips..just dont have any pics of them. Also pocket mag holsters for 1911'a and others....shoot well

Ben Shepherd

I like it!!! All of the holsters I have now look horrible when you nick or scratch them. That finish you have looks like a pretty good defintion of "functional".