Is this wear normal?

Dtron

I've put about 1300 rounds through my CZ 9mm RAMI since I bought it new in February. I was wondering if the wear on the slide rails is normal? This is my first handgun so I have nothing to compare it to. Thanks.

slide_wear.jpg

mete

I wouldn't call that wear. That's what I would call polishing.Normal situation. Keep your gun clean and use a good lube on all moving parts.

MTMilitiaman

You're talking about an operation that involves intense heat and pressure, subjects your handgun to tens of thousands of pounds of pressure repeated over the course of hundreds or thousands of times, and requires tightly fitted parts moving at high velocity. Friction occurs and with it, inevitably, wear. This can be especially expected during the first rounds through a firearm as parts wear to fit each other better. Wear is normal. If it worries you I suppose you could always use a little more lubrication. However, if you are maintaining your firearm like you're supposed to, normal wear should not have a largely adverse effect on performance.

Dtron

OK. Cool. It doesn't bother me at all, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't under-lubricating it or anything. I clean and lube it after every trip to the range so as long as it seems normal I'm fine with it.