Is This... True? Richard C. Blum

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunXpatriot

I don't want to spread any misinformation, so if there is any reason to believe this is incorrect, mods, delete the thread outright. But here goes.

I was just feeding the internal fire that these anti-gun nuts cause me. I was watching a video on Feinstein. I noticed underneath, that someone made a shocking claim. I won't share their username, but this is what they had to say.

During the "Assault Weapons Ban", Feinstein's husband, Richard Blum, got waivers from the Clinton administration to import "sporterized" AK's from China and he made MILLIONS on the deal. They were functionally IDENTICAL to the regular AK's except they had weird futuristic "thumbhole stocks" instead o the standard-issue stocks, and they had the bayonet lugs removed from the barrels.​

Can anyone verify this claim? I would so love for that to happen. I'd like to make a video about this, if it is true. In a half hour of checking around, I couldn't find anything on Google. So I figured I'd consult the knowledgeable folks at The Firing Line.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

I don't know for sure, but I've heard she and her hubby are as crooked as they come. I *DO* know that she works tirelessly to strip fundamental rights from the people, yet once had a Calif. CCW license.

GunXpatriot

Crooked as they come? As in "shady" stuff similar to this? I mean, besides her hypocrisy on gun control, of course.

Any claims that are verifiable? I'd love to go and spam anti-gunners and completely and utterly discredit her. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
While there have been some troubling allegations involving legislation that benefited her husband (look up Chinagate), I've never seen this. It's a pretty serious allegation. As such, it demands serious evidence to back it up.

Brotherbadger

I haven't heard this before, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I agree with Tom, this kind of allegation requires serious research.

thallub

During the "Assault Weapons Ban", Feinstein's husband, Richard Blum, got waivers from the Clinton administration to import "sporterized" AK's from China and he made MILLIONS on the deal.

In the runup to the 2000 elections accusations were made that Blum had participated in numerous shady deals, including gun running in San Diego. Worldnetdaily was the source of several unsubstantiated accusations.

IMO: None of these gun running accusations came from a credible source. i don't believe this one.

Last edited:

44 AMP

Staff
well, rifles with thumbhole stocks and no bayonet lugs weren't illegal, so why the fuss? Its not like providing or promising to facilitate rocket launchers to terrorists, as another California politician was recently indicted for...

or is it?

Gunfixr

Don't know about the Blum thing, but such guns were imported directly before the "assault weapons ban" of '94. There were several smaller bans leading up to that, and one produced rifles being imported with thumb hole stocks, the bayonet lug removed, and the threads on the muzzle either not present or having a nut welded over them. It was a ban on certain features which was supposed to make a rifle more deadly, since these features are common to true "assault rifles". Whoever reported this may be confusing weapons imported before the final ban with something else.
Also, there was a specific ban on Chinese weapons and ammunition after a shipment of select fire aks showed up at our shores illegally.
Now, this is not to say that the Feinsteins are not corrupt, or participate in shady deals. I certainly would not say they are above such an act as listed above.

OzeanJaeger

I don't know about him importing MAK 90s, but it's entirely possible. He is a big wheel at C.B. Richard Ellis (a competitor of mine), and somehow they got the listings to sell all the surplus post offices across the country in a no-bid situation. This certainly does not pass the smell test, even if they cannot prove outright graft. They are corrupt as the day is long. So are the Pelosis!!!

From the Devil's own mouth: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12/dianne-feinstein-postal-service_n_4423045.html

Frank Ettin

Administrator
Anyone can say anything on the Internet. Saying something on the Internet does not, however, make it true. Allegations of serious misconduct require serious evidence.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.