Is this the new python?

gbclarkson

The Beretta Vertec.

It is shown on Beretta's website with an MSRP at $899. There are 3 listed on gunbroker right now, cheapest at $2000. Is the pistol out of production? The website does not suggest such.

I would love to have it. I shot several 92s while in the service and my only complaint was the gun was just a wee bit big for my wee little hands. The vertec grip appears to solve that problem.

The M9A3's are around $12-1300 Why are they half the price?

Unavailable vertec's make me grouchy.

Sorry.

FairWarning

Just because someone asks a lot for a hot/rare gun on Gunbroker, it doesn't mean they can realistically get it in a reasonable period of time. I don't think anyone will pay that much for a Vertec, although you need to stalk them for about 3-4 weeks to see a real pattern.

T. O'Heir

With an MSRP at $899, no. Python's were more expensive than everything else when they were still made.
And just because a company advertises something doesn't mean it's actually being made. However, there's a review on Chuck Hawks' site that says the Vertec was discontinued in 2007.

UncleEd

I know of a LGS that has a brand new M9A3 sitting in its display case but to paraphrase the OP's "location" line, it's none of your business, sonnies. :p

gc70

Beretta seems to be bringing back all of the interesting models from 10-20 years ago - the G, Compact, Brigadier, Vertec, and even the Billenium, albeit renamed the Fusion.