Is this normal wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEC

I have a SIG P226 in .357 SIG. I have shot 150 rounds through it so far (100 Blazer & 50 Lawman). It shoots incredibly low(8 inches). I am not the best shot in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but I am not 8 inches bad. The top and bottom of the barrel shows a lot of wear and a slight ridge has developed. I know SIG barrels will wear in this area, but I wonder if this is excessive? I have a P226 in 9mm and my wife has a P239 in 9mm and they do not show this much wear. I am going to try a different brand of ammo this weekend. I am not impressed with the CCI/Speer rounds so far. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Does it sound like I need to send it back to SIG? I have a .40 S&W barrel on the way and hope it shoots better. Thanks for any information.

blades67

If a ridge is forming, this is not normal wear. I recommend you take the pistol to your gunsmith and have it checked. As long as you haven't fired any reloads through it, SIG should take care of it.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Status
Not open for further replies.