Is This Glock Too Cheap Too Pass Up?

Joe_Pike

I can buy a Glock 17 Gen 4 that has only had about four magazines worth of ammo run through it for $325 + tax. I have casually been looking for a Colt LW Commander in 9mm, but just can't spend that much at the moment since I will be looking for another vehicle after having an uninsured driver pull out in front of me and total my car.
I don't need a Glock 17 (I have a 19 and a 26), but it would pair well with my Keltec Sub 2000.

Last edited:

JDBerg

Joe_Pike: said:
I can buy a Glock 17 Gen 4 that has only had about four magazines worth of ammo run through it for $325 + tax.

If you don't want it the "I'll take it" line forms behind me!

CDR_Glock

I can buy a Glock 17 Gen 4 that has only had about four magazines worth of ammo run through it for $325 + tax. I have casually been looking for a Colt LW Commander in 9mm, but just can't spend that much at the moment since I will be looking for another vehicle after having an uninsured driver pull out in front of me and total my car.

I don't need a Glock 17 (I have a 19 and a 26), but it would pair well with my Keltec Sub 2000.

If you don't need it, then don't get it. Particularly if there is a gun you want more.

As for me, I would buy it for that price. Worst case, you shoot it and then sell it for more than you paid.

I have a 17, 2x19, 23, 30 and 34. The 34 and the two 19s are MOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DaleA

A superb price. I'd get it for that but that's mostly because it's a real deal and I've always kind of wanted a Glock.

BUT I surprised myself the other day at Gander Mountain when I passed up a Ruger LCP on sale for $152. It was listed as used but I don't think it had ever been shot. It was one of the original LCP's with a dash in the serial number and the non-existent sights. It was a real deal but I decided I had better uses for $152.

So if you don't think you'd enjoy it, leave it for someone else.

Good luck.

FITASC

Considering as new one is about $200 more than that; grab it and if you don't like it, sell it for $400

clang

I wouldn't buy it to try and flip it and make money, the margin is too tight after taxes and not worth the hassle.

I would buy it as a nice range toy, truck gun or bedstand gun. Or just in case zombies invade...

BigMikey76

That's a heck of a price, but if you don't need it, I say pass. If you want to pair something with your sub 2000, either your 19 or your 26 can fill that role, since they can all use the mags from the 17 (or the big happy sticks, for that matter).

With that said, if you want it get it. That is one of the glorious aspects of living here in the US of A.

Buy it.

If you don't like it, you can give it as an amazing gift and/or sell it for easily what you bought it for, if not more.

A Glock 17/19 is a must-have.

Cheapshooter

Buy it, keep it, add it to the "accumulation" Even being a gen4 it's still a 17. The Glock that started it all.
My example of the beginning is a gen 3. But of I ever find a decent deal on a gen 1 I will add that one to the accumulatipn as well

highpower3006

Instead of asking the internet's permission to buy a gun and then waiting for an answer, try this:

Go to Gunbroker.
Use the advanced search function and specify used Glock 17's
Check for completed auctions and see what they are commonly selling for throughout the US.
Be sure to figure in the cost of shipping and any dealer fees and tax.

You will get an instant answer as to what used Glock 17's actually sell for. It is then up to you to determine if it is a decent deal and if you can afford it.

I am not particularly interested in Glocks, but I would have been all over that deal like Hillary Clinton on a campaign donation.

Joe_Pike

Instead of asking the internet's permission to buy a gun and then waiting for an answer,

I don't believe I was asking anyone's permission. It's just a fun exercise for me to see what other people would think.

TailGator

If it has the magazines and box, it wouldn't be hard to turn it around for a $100 profit in my area, and be that much closer to the Colt.

carguychris

That's a good deal. That's cheaper than I've ever seen any Glock that wasn't (a) beat to heck, (b) tastelessly modified, or (c) .45 GAP. :D