IS this Beretta 92FS legit?

Tom2

Just looking at another post on Beretta and some stuff on the Beretta forums. Got to wondering about this compact I just got. 92FS Centurian on compact frame. Well says 92FS Centurian on slide and compact on the frame. I could find the 92FS compact, and I could find a Centurian, but I am not sure I could find them both together? Hope this is not a mixed gun or something? Nothing obvious like one part really worn and the other not or anything.

theberettaman

Is it a compact frame as in it takes the shorter 13rd mags?
If so here's the deal.It's kind of a twisted tale.When the Centurion came out,(centurion is the full size grip with shorter dustcover and compact slide)some were assembled with compact slides that were not stamped Centurion but Compact.This was a time constraint issue,since the slides are the same and they needed guns to fill a perticular order.So in retrospect,it would not be uncommon to see a Compact L frame with a Centurion slide either.:)

Tom2

Yea that is it I guess. All the frame has is COMPACT stamped and it takes the short 13 rounders, but only came with stupid 10 rd. mags. Well since you can only load 10 in, maybe springs will last longer... Those 13 rd. mags are not too easy to find as compared to 15 for full sized frames apparently. I have owned some full sized 92's but this thing I fell in love with at the show. Just kept going back and back and finally broke down because it was about 99+ condition and priced right. IF the grip was any shorter I would not want it though. Like some of the real short grip Berettas and Glocks, I could not deal with a too short and fat grip. And it is all metal! Fun awaits me if the weather holds. Previous owner deserves a spanking, I believe his name was Mr. Crudingun.