Is this a problem?

meat

I was recently shooting a Stainless Steel Kahr K9 9mm. After examining the extracted cases (ammo used was winchester factory ammo), I noticed that the cases looked strange. They appeared to have a "stair stepping" like pattern/indention on the outside of all of the extracted shell casings from the rim of the case down to about halfway down the extracted case. The extracted cases looked like they had either been compressed and bent on one side or that they had been caught up on something while trying to eject or feed the round. All of the rounds fed into the gun fed and extracted properly. I was just wondering if this was something typical of Kahr's firearms or if this was a feed / timing problem of the K9? Is this what a ballistic fingerprint is, or is it some other type of problem w/ the gun? thanks.

Bullitt

Its a problem if you reload, because its messing up you brass, but otherwise sounds like the extractor needs to be adjusted. My Kahr did a bunch of screwy things, but not that. Good luck.

P

PreserveFreedom

Sounds like something needs to be adjusted. This also reminds me of another thing to keep in mind. Your gun can leave it's fingerprints on a casing as well as on the projectiles.

KahrCS1

The dented casings/brass from your Kahr pistol are normal. Due to a tight extraction system the brass will dent significantly. We are able to somewhat reduce the denting here at the factory by lowering the ejection port. However we will not be able to completely prevent the denting.

Thank You
Kahr Customer Service:)

meat

Thanks for the replies. It's great tho see Kahr customer service on the board! Let us know when the K45 is coming!!!