Is this a good trade???

SgtGunner

I have a buddy who offered me a trade today, sounds good but want some opinions first.

My end of the trade: 7.5 inch stainless steel Ruger redhawk, with;
Shoulder holster, hogue grip, factory grip, tasco red dot scope w/rings and base and 200 rounds corbon ammo.

His end of the trade: 1st generation Glock 19, case of 9mm ammo, 6 factory standard cap mags, kramer IWB holster.

I am thinking this is a great deal for me.

any thoughts???

Shmackey

Depends what you mean by "factory standard cap mags." If you mean 10-rounders (which some folks around here just *refuse* to call "standard capacity"), then it's an OK deal. If you mean "standard" as in pre-ban, then hug him in a manly fashion and smile all the way home.

SgtGunner

kinda what I was thinking. Is a good trade for both of us, he hunts with .44, I have shot it once and wasnt real fond of it at that. I like defensive handguns, so works for both of us........runnin my a$$ off........heh

SgtGunner

yup, a redhawk for a GLOCK.......though its a redhawk that I almost never shoot, because at $20+ per box of .44, not to mention target shooting with a .44 lasts about an hour before I am tired of shooting it, for a GLOCK that my wife can shoot, I can shoot, friends can shoot and will shoot regularly seems far superior to a bohemoth that just collects dust in the safe. Not to mention the 15 rounders that come with the GLOCK are probably worth more than my redhawk.

Besides the other 6 glocks in the safe need some company.

justinr1

SgtGunner,

I'm just teasing, I'm sure your reasons are sound. However, I just HAD to comment. After all, this is a revolver forum. :p

braindead0

It looks like a reasonable deal, personally I'd want to keep the RedHawk, but if the Glock makes more sense to you.. then it's definately worth it....

SgtGunner

well I idid the trade and picked up the 19 tonight and got a surprise.

It is still in the box, and has the gold lube stuff on it still..............it has never as much as had a round loaded into any of the magazines.

Yay fer me

ENC

Sgt. It is time to wake up and come back to reality

:rolleyes:

why cant things like this ever happen to me.