Is this a good deal on a used O/U?

Warm Bore

Just came across a 12ga. SKB Sporting Clays Model with 30" barrel. This gun has the porting (Magnaport?) and includes IC & M Briley Inter-Chokes. It's in AWESOME condition. Looks like very light use. No scratches on the wood or finish. Bores are pristine. Includes a soft case (gun rug). Gave it a quick function test and looked it over. Everything is sound. Price is $550 out the door. Don't know much about the SKB line-up so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

WB

K80Geoff

SKB is right up there with Browning and Beretta in quality. Appears to be a good price if it is in the condition you claim.

The 505 IIRC is the entry level O/U, equivalent to a Citori or Beretta 686.

I would still have it checked over by a good competent double gun gunsmith.

Are the chokes SKB chokes or aftermarket installed Briley chokes. You will have to know the difference to purchase additional chokes.

Briley makes both SKB chokes to fit the SKB factory interchangeable choke system and also installs their own thread system. The two systems are not interchangeable, find out which you have.

If the gun is tight and everything workd you have an excellent O/U at a reasonable price, enjoy!

Al Thompson

Staff Alumnus
Geoff has far more experiance than I. The check by a GS is reasonable. I have the 600 SKB and am very happy with mine.

Weatherby markets the SKBs as their O/U shotguns. Forget the name..

For here in South Carolina, that's a very good price, seems to be about $ 150.00 under market. Sounds to me like the seller is just trying to get his money out of the gun. One thing I like to know is why someone is selling a gun.. Motivation is always a giant clue.