Is there one gun a month in PA?

DEC

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not Pennsylvania had a one handgun a month law?

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
Nope.
Bought two yesturday. I have to go back to my dealer today to pickup a special order gun. That'll be 3 NICS check in two days.

Daniel Watters

Those of us in 'One Gun per Month' states are given a good excuse for explaining our purchases to a SO:

"Honey, I had to buy the XYZ 2000. It's May and the law says that I have to buy a gun every single month." ;)

[This message has been edited by Daniel Watters (edited May 03, 2000).]

Ezeckial

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEC:
I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not Pennsylvania had a one handgun a month law?[/quote]

There was an attempt to get a "one gun an month" bill through the State House last year. It was sponsored by Lisa Cohen (R, Philadelphia area).
I cannot recall the bill's number, but I went to Harrisburg to testify against it. I was amazed at the ignorance of the reps who were for this bill. They had no idea what they were talking about.
Ed Rendell, then mayor of Philadelphia, spoke for the bill. Watch this boy...he's the one who first initiated the thoughts of law suits against manufacturers. I believe he may run for governor next election (DID YOU READ THAT, FELLOW PENNSYLVANIANS?

The bill died in committee...

But, I was one of the very few who spoke against it. That's why we need more folks to get involved...

[This message has been edited by Ezeckial (edited May 03, 2000).]

cjb

I live in Pa. But I try to stay at least 200 miles from Philly. Sorry, it's not the citizens....it's the city government! I'll stay here in Bedford County thanks..... and I bought a whole raft of Colts all in one day....it was right after their big anouncement. I love the COLTS! It's the company that SUCKS!!!
CJB