Is there a fiber optic front sight for CZ rifle?

3006mv

I have a CZ 527 in .223 rem. Is there a replacement fiber optic front sight available for this rifle?

seafox

CZ the best or not?

I am thinking of buying a .223 rifle. Would you recommend the CZ 527 or some other manufacturer?

DWARREN123

I have 2 CZ's in .223 REM, a Varmint model and a Lux. Besides the magazines which hang down in the balance area and are single stack I think they are very good for the money. The Varmint has a heavy taper barrel and H.S. Precision stock and is extremly accurate, 1-9 twist rate.
The Lux has a wood stock and is 1-12 twist and is also accurate just not quite as good for as many rounds. It has a standard taper barrel and heats up faster than the Varmint.
Overall I would rate them good to very good.

IronBalls

I just picked up my first cz527 this afternoon (a consignment gun) in 7.62x39. It handles so well, and is so handy. It came with rings so i topped it with an M8 4x scope. Have not shot it yet... but maybe tomorrow..

about the fiber optic... i would really like one too.. as much as i love scoped rifles, especially fast action scopes like foward scout setups,... as soon as i mounted the scope on the 527, it felt like i lost a touch of its utility... Yes it would be better for some use, but the fast, light, slick factor (which this rifle has with its iron sights) was diminshed a bit. I think i would be happier with just a highviz front, and no optics.. at least for the ranges i would be using this little 7.62x39 for...

after some range time... i will look into changing the mag to ak- maybe inpossible, but interesting...

USNairman

I have a CZ 527 American in .223 (plus many other CZ's) and it is a very nice rifle. It will shoot 1" groups easily at 100 yards. The sporter barrel is good for about 5 rounds and then you will want to let it cool. I like the weight of the American as it's light enough to carry around all day long. I also love the set trigger - you can adjust it down to where it's a hair trigger when set. The bluing on the CZ rifles is outstanding (IMO) and some of them have beautiful wood, others are just so so - but it does seem that CZ it paying more attention to the wood they have been sending out lately as I am starting to see that decent grained wood is becoming more of the norm.
I truly believe that CZ is producing some of the highest quality mid grade rifles on the market today and you will do good to find any other manufacture that can offer you what the CZ line of rifles can in that price range.

Here is a little CZ info.

Twist rates:

.17 Mach 2 - 1:9
.17 HMR - 1:9
.22LR - 1:16
.22 WMR - 1:16
.17 Rem - 1:9
.204 Ruger - 1:12
.22 Hornet - 1:16
.221 Fireball - 1:12
.222 Rem - 1:14
.223 Rem - 1:12 Unless it has the HS Precision stock it is then 1:9
.22-250 - 1:14
.243 - 1:10
6.5x55 - 1:8.6
.270 Win - 1:10
.270 wsm - 1:10

3006mv

I really like this rifle and have a detachable scope mounts so I like to use the iron sights too, I reload and this is a very accurate handy rifle. There are sites/forums that you can redo a magazine so it fits flush but then you lose a few rounds capacity. I hope someone can help w/ a source for a fiber optic front sight for this thing, I wonder if I can file the dove tail off of one a slim it down, it seems like a simple affair b/c the factory sight is thin and just pushes out.