Is there a custom fit for 1911 Lenth of pull?

Longshot4

My series 80 1991- 1911 The trigger seams to be too short.

Sure I can change the trigger to a longer one. But what length... should it be? My trigger finger seams to be floating out in the middle of now where. So consistency on my knuckle location floats.

Is the length of the trigger needing to be changed or is there another way to give me help?

HiBC

I prefer a longer trigger myself.You reference "knuckle".I personally prefer the pad in the center of my fingertip,about directly opposite the cuticle at the base of my fingernail.
You want that to contact the trigger in a way so the force of the trigger press is straight to the rear.You don't want to move the muzzle sideways with your trigger pull.
You can get Short.Medium,and L,triggerswith interchangeable inserts,long triggers and long square faced triggers.I have cut back triggers that were too long(aluminum shoe).

If yours is short,with a little creativity you can add clay or putty or anything you can get to stay to dummy up a shim on the trigger face to find your length.

Just realize about any part you change on a 1911 dances with other parts,and some fitting or prep work or adjustment will likely be required.

Jim Watson

There are short (1911A1) and long (1911) spec triggers.
Aftermarket there are also mediums and extra longs, and not all longs are the same.

Don't you have a bud with a 1911oid with long trigger? I thought everybody knew somebody with one.

redlightrich

You can probably take a trip to your local gun dealer. Every one has many 1911's for sale. I think it is their licensed responsibility to have at least 6 1911's in stock. Ask the kind counter person to let you handle them. Once you know which brands trigger you like, finding a good change for yours will be easier.

I probably should have started the post with the fact that changing the trigger will most likely be best for you. You can modify the existing trigger, but that would hardly be worth it unless you have lots of time, equipment, and materials, not to mention skill, and no money at all.

40 to 50 dollars will remedy your situation if you have the ability to fit the trigger which is not very hard.

Good luck

Rich

ocharry

check brownells,,,they have a trigger set up that once fitted you can change the face to be what ever contour or length you want

infinity is the brand name you are looking for,,,,,just go to the search and type in 1911 infinity trigger

or you could get a long trigger with a solid shoe and fit it and take the shoe down untill you like where it fits,,,a true custom fit

my .02

ocharry

I use a long target trigger in my Goldcup, but when I took one to Gunsite, i quickly missed the extra space for getting my trigger finger inside the trigger guard without putting pressure on the trigger before I intended to. But that's me and my hands, you may feel differently.

mete

It's easier to mod an auto than a revolver .
I was asked for help dealing with a Model 10 .Asking him to hold up his hand I put mine up next to his . Our hands were the same but his fingers were 1/2" longer than mine !! I told him to carve out a stock so that the back strap was covered by 1/2". He did a fine job and that back strap did the trick ,he was very happy !

44 AMP

Staff
So consistency on my knuckle location floats.

I'm curious why this matters to you...

I use the pad of my index finger to pull the trigger, but it seems that there are as many different ways of doing it as there are people with trigger fingers...