Is the NEW starting to wear off?????

jar

Lately I've noticed a trend in just about every newsgroup I belong to. More and more people are rediscovering the sheer joy of some of the old firearms. People who grew up in a world dominated by semi-automatics are now shooting a revolver for the first time. Many of them have been carried kicking and screaming to the line I must admit, but almost all are coming away saying, "Where have these been?"

The fastest growing shooting sport in the country is Cowboy Action Shooting. The fastest growing segment in rifles today are...Lever actions. In shotguns, side by sides.

So what's happenning? Is the great love afair with high cap mags, bastard cartridges and the latest tupperware coming to an end? Will the cutting edge handguns be names like, 'New Service, Bisley, Blackhawk and Combat Masterpiece'?

standard.jpg

Brian Gibbons

What Goes Around Comes Around ...

I think it's the same as most other things. Cars, clothes, music! People's tastes are constantly fluctuating between modern and retro ...

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
So what's happenning? Is the great love afair with high cap mags, bastard cartridges and the latest tupperware coming to an end? Will the cutting edge handguns be names like, 'New Service, Bisley, Blackhawk and Combat Masterpiece'?

No, a lot of people are just finding out that it's possible to have a broad interest in firearms. It's not a mutually exclusive thing; just because I love my Winchester Trapper doesn't mean I must, by extension, hate my pre-ban AK. ;)

Cliff

A yearning, perhaps?

For the return of Old World Craftsmanship.

Plain ol' metal and wood impart a tactile pleasure that, for me, is very comforting.

I have my tuppie jobbers, and the odd black rifle or so, and fine weapons they are.

But... unlike my M1, 1911(s) and wheel guns, I never take them out just for the sheer joy of handling them. ;)

Cliff