Is the mp .45 shield still available?

BornFighting88

Thats sad if they discontinued it. I know there were stories of the frames coming apart from powerful rounds after so many shots.. but 45ACP isn't as snappy as say 40SW.

The shield is a great pistol, and the 45 auto chambering is a wonderful round still to this day. I hope you find it/one.

Lima Oscar 7

There is a place that has them now with no manual safety. I can’t mention the name but it rhymes with Gud’s Bun Shop. If you want one, you better get it now. Supplies of firearms are shaky due to logistics and a certain trial currently in the jury phase may throw us back into a panic if rioting ensues.

eflyguy

As stated, it's on their site. I am pretty sure one of my LGSs had one last time I was in and perusing - I'm not interested in one but wondered what it would be like to shoot compared to my 1911.

Call around. That's what I did last time I needed a particular rifle. Found two that had what I needed.

Forte S+W

Nope, they're still in production, but like most other companies, Smith & Wesson is focusing on producing the newer M&P9 Shield PLUS as fast as they can to meet demand.

I know there were stories of the frames coming apart from powerful rounds after so many shots...

Yep, and they were all phony too, all of them posted at the same time with no evidence whatsoever besides the same low-res image posted ad nauseam by alt fly-by-night accounts of the same guy across multiple forums.

hook63

Nope, they're still in production, but like most other companies, Smith & Wesson is focusing on producing the newer M&P9 Shield PLUS as fast as they can to meet demand.

Yep, and they were all phony too, all of them posted at the same time with no evidence whatsoever besides the same low-res image posted ad nauseam by alt fly-by-night accounts of the same guy across multiple forums.
I agree, if you go by what's available revolvers are done.

claydoctor

I have the original Shield in all three calibers and a 9mm Shield Plus. All of them have less recoil than expected, including the .45. It is not at all unpleasant to shoot.