is the marlin1894s weak

kidcoltoutlaw

just wondering i have shot the same load i use in my redhawk.it is very hot had no problems with it. i did work up to it but maybe i should back it down a bit.296 works best on the hotside i think anybody tried any hot stuff in a marlin 1894s,thanks,keith

No reason to back off on the loads. That is as long as the hot loads are within Industry standard pressure levels and not an adventure in Darwinism. Forty three thousand, five hundred CUP is absolute maximum for ANY 44 Magnum.

Robert

Al Thompson

Staff Alumnus
I have tied an 1894 up with a load that was fine in my Redhawk. My Marlin may be more sensitive than most and the Redhawk more tolerant than most. Things happen.

You don't need to try for max loads with the 1894, that extra barrel length certainly adds velocity. I chrono'd UMC 180 JSPs at 2200 FPS out of mine.

Try your loads (please do not exceed the book max) and see what happens.

Giz

Kernel

Ruger revolvers (BH, SBH, RH, & SRH) are way stronger than the Marlin 1894. Don't shoot hot "Ruger" handloads in a '94. Same goes for the Win 1892 actions. These great old leveraction designs just aren't as strong. -- Kernel