Is the HK VP9SK on the way?

sigarms228

No one knows when it will be available. My guess is that like other recent releases such as VP9 and P30SK we will find out just before they are ready to be shipped to distributors.

kozak6

Yeah, it would be foolish of H&K not to have a VP9SK in development.

Unless there is a leak, we probably won't know anything about the pistol until it's about ready for distribution.

hollowpointt

vp9sk

With the Walther PPS M2 out for $439.00 I am not sure it really matters. There is no way HK will come in at that price tag.

Uncle Malice

HK generally announces new products at the NRA show... I would say it's likely that we see one... and to keep an eye out on the show details.

With the Walther PPS M2 out for $439.00 I am not sure it really matters. There is no way HK will come in at that price tag.

Not really relevant. 2 different classes of gun. Also, magazines for the PPS M2 are 100% UNAVAILABLE thus far. You get what the gun comes with and there are none available. You can not get them from dealers or even walther themselves. That should change soon... but it hasn't yet, to my knowledge.

Badfinger

I can't see any genuine interest in such a gun, at least not beyond the small core of Hk loyalists, same for the chopped and bobbed P30. Pistols with such a high bore axis and chopped frames are very difficult to control under stress, the P30 with the safety is awful in full size, chopping off its butt stock not a recipe for improving upon that, the VP9 shares the P30's "to high" bore axis, I wouldn't buy one folks unless you have had the opportunity to rent one and run a few hundred rounds through it.

Uncle Malice

Badfinger, I would say you need more experience shooting if you think the P30 is difficult to control. The P30L(no safeties) was one of the best shooting guns I ever had, especially at speed. I'm looking to get another soon.

Additionally, the VP9 bore axis is lower than the P30. They are not the same. The VP9 is just a hair taller than the M&P, which is quite controllable.

In the end, people who complain about more axis need to get out and shoot more. The P320 has a higher bore axis than any of those mentioned above and is one of my favorite guns to run at speed.

Lastly, while I did sell my VP9 in favor of the P320 and PPQ, I will say that I suspect a VP9SK will sell like hot cakes, just as the VP9 has. The P30SK is selling well, just as the P2000SK always did.

Badfinger

Badfinger, I would say you need more experience shooting if you think the P30 is difficult to control. The P30L(no safeties) was one of the best shooting guns I ever had, especially at speed. I'm looking to get another soon.

Additionally, the VP9 bore axis is lower than the P30. They are not the same. The VP9 is just a hair taller than the M&P, which is quite controllable.

In the end, people who complain about more axis need to get out and shoot more. The P320 has a higher bore axis than any of those mentioned above and is one of my favorite guns to run at speed.

Lastly, while I did sell my VP9 in favor of the P320 and PPQ, I will say that I suspect a VP9SK will sell like hot cakes, just as the VP9 has. The P30SK is selling well, just as the P2000SK always did.

I suspect that you are the party in need of the seasoning, and by that I do mean a few more birthdays are required to help you tame your emotions. There is not a single LEA anywhere on the north American continent, not one which issues either of the firearms you are so enamored of, whats more, there's not going to be any either!

I will not even waste another moment of energy on such a childish, and ill informed youth!

Uncle Malice

No emotions in my post at all.

I mentioned more than 2 guns... and there are numerous agencies that issue the HK USP, P2000, P30, and Sig P320.

Are you simply saying that there are no LE agencies that issue the VP9? That may well be the case, I actually don't know of any.... From my personal experience, I wouldn't want the VP9 issues to me.

Of course, we all know that LE adoption has very little bearing on sales of firearms. I don't know of any agencies issuing XD/XDM pistols, but they have certainly had no shortage of sales. :)

For Reference:
- USP: Maine State Police and Santa Monica Police
- P2000: US Customs and Border Patrol
- P30: Border Patrol Tactical Units issue the P30L
- Sig P320: Texas Highway Patrol and Oklahoma Highway Patrol

Last edited:
I can't see any genuine interest in such a gun, at least not beyond the small core of Hk loyalists, same for the chopped and bobbed P30. Pistols with such a high bore axis and chopped frames are very difficult to control under stress, the P30 with the safety is awful in full size, chopping off its butt stock not a recipe for improving upon that, the VP9 shares the P30's "to high" bore axis, I wouldn't buy one folks unless you have had the opportunity to rent one and run a few hundred rounds through it.
That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! I've trained under stress with various classes using SIG Sauer and HK. I'm afraid what you are having may be related to user error if there are issues controlling a pistol with a "high bore axis".

Uncle Malice mentioned some. Also, the Secret Service uses P229s. ICE agents here in Miami do as well. My friend uses the HK P2000 as a CBP in Texas (he may chime in or he may not) and some MDPD officers use the SIG P226 to this day.

10k through my P226 without any instances of it being hard to control. They actually recoil lighter than my Glocks did. I guess the full rails, weight, and all around design helped with that.

OP, a SC VP9 would be really cool. I agree!

buckhorn_cortez

There is not a single LEA anywhere on the north American continent, not one which issues either of the firearms you are so enamored of, whats more, there's not going to be any either!

I'm at a total loss as to why this should be important to civilian use of a gun.

I'm not aware of any police agency issuing a Marlin 45-70 or Ruger Super Blackhawk as examples - and a plethora of other very fine guns.

It's a big "so what" for me. What a LEO is issued or uses has absolutely no bearing on guns that I buy or use.

The local PD where I live used to be able to use anything they wanted, and a lot of them carried 1911's. To settle an investigation with the US Dept of Justice, the officers are now limited to either a Glock or M&P.

I guess that means that every other gun made is now no good simply because of an internal decision made to make the Justice Dept happy?

This is one example as to why what a LEO uses doesn't set any type of standard for me personally...

As for the "high bore axis" meme - the last refuge of a poor argument. Go shoot some revolvers - then get back to me on "high bore axis."

What a bunch of whining over something that is trivial at best. Just admit it - if you can't handle the recoil of a 9mm - you can't handle guns very well.

Man up - do some exercises - pump your spindly wrists and forearms up and learn to control the HUGE recoil of the massive 9mm cartridge. Good Lord...a total non-issue made into the problem of the millennium.

My wife handles a "high bore axis" gun with zero problems. A problem that's not a problem for an "elderly lady." Girly men complain about high bore axis - my wife doesn't

Yeah, I can't shoot my revolvers accurately or rapidly...eek!!! High bore axis!!!

Whine....whine.... whine....give high bore axis the death it deserves it's getting really old and is starting to smell. Just bury it.

Quit using it as some kind of definitive design flaw that immediately makes one gun better than another for that reason alone.

Just stop. Simply learn how to shoot the gun you have and quit whining...

Last edited:

JDBerg

... I would say you need more experience shooting if you think the P30 is difficult to control. The P30L(no safeties) was one of the best shooting guns I ever had, especially at speed. I'm looking to get another soon.

I have thousands of rounds through my P30 9mm and agree 100% that it is very easy to control, I have high and low bore axis guns and I like both kinds, and since 2/3 of all police departments issue Glocks anyway, it's a moot point that cops don't carry other types of service pistols!