is Taurus 1911 already out?

Jim Watson

Those sites say "out of stock."
Which is code for "It is a new model, we don't have any and don't know when we will."
If it were a computer it would be "vaporware."

HorseSoldier

I'm pretty sure they haven't made it to stores, not sure how far out they are. There was a thread about it over on the M1911 forum and guys there were hearing "soon" from Taurus, but apparently "soon" has been Taurus' stock answer for about 12 months now . . .

JasoninSD

I too saw the post on THR. I checked Simmons (distributor) in KS and I see they had the blued version in stock but not the stainless. If the distributors have them it should not be long before you see them at the retailers.

Jason

Boley1

Hey 45reloader..........not a bad joke....it's the real thing.

Put 250 rounds thru it today and it was flawless.

Happened to see this thread and wanted to get you a reply.

schmeky

$423.00 ??

Dang, if'n it shoots good, is reliable, and there is typical 1911 parts interchangability, I might get me one. With the sights and beavertail alone, this would kick a Rock Island Armory to the curb.

Boley1

All I can say is what I already posted.........50 rounds of Remington UMC and 200 rounds of reloads without any problems what so ever. Very accurate and easy to manage...great trigger right out of the box.....but it is an all steel pistol....41.8oz.

It came with two mags but I paid more than 423.00.........if you can find them for that I would suggest buying two.